Stubby ariel...

Newgendesign

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been thinking about this, and looking on SF - it seems it is possible to remove the mast from the standard electric aerial, and replace the mast with a stubby one? Can't see it being that hard to do this, and make up an adapter for the stubby mast to screw into?

• 1 month later...
Guest CoolsBlue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! they pop up as soon as i de-ariel'd my supra, do you know how long ive been looking for one LOL oh wells, dosent beat my internal ariel:D

im after one of these aswel the only problem is you say the s2000 ariel is widely available, id love to know where from because i cant find anything anywhere. not even on the old ebay, im lost for ideas. if someone does find one please can they pm me or something and burna how much are the brackets?

im after one of these aswel the only problem is you say the s2000 ariel is widely available, id love to know where from because i cant find anything anywhere. not even on the old ebay, im lost for ideas. if someone does find one please can they pm me or something and burna how much are the brackets?

The S2000 aerial, or even a civic type R aerial, are virtually identical - the only slight difference is the thickness of the base rubber (oh er ;) lol)

Why nobody thinks of this is beyond me - these are GENUINE HONDA PARTS - so, in exactly the same way you would purchase a genuine toyota part, you go to the dealer!!!! I think it was only a couple of months ago that I did exactly that and purchased a couple for mates - these aerials are known to fit a variety of cars, and is a common mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got any pics of the extension piece that is required?

I'm trying to get all the bits together before I even think about doing anything!

I understand the original rubber grommit(s) can be re-used, so that's not a bit problem.

I am also able to get hold of an S2000 aerial quite easily, or one of the VAG range anyway.

So, as I understand it, the only other bit I'm missing is said extension piece?

The bracket I'm getting from Burna.

i bought mine from the honda dealer. cost £160 and looked different on the inside bit. it had the stubby bit which connected to a box which sits where the old motor sat and just tightened up to the body work without any brackets or extentions. is this what others paid for theirs. im happy with it it just seems alot for an aerial