The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which ecu

gaz1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates on the suitability of the LinkG3 on a Auto, Ryan?

Yes i have pretty much got it sorted in a wiring aspect and thoery of keeping the auto control as stock. Just need to test in the coming monthes but im having to do it at nights as i dont think i have a free weekend now to jan :(

Mr Licience and Mr Griffiths have both found out recently

That thing is scary not sure if it the car or your driving tho :D

BTW you set a record outside of SRR, fastest speed achieved down that road ;) . Charlies best was 135 leptons in a 750bhp mustang you beat it by 10mph :D

Cya in the week mate :)

Cheers Ryan

Doesnt look like i will be ready till end of Jan anyway,got a few hold ups...contact you about mapping soon ;)

Jamie

Yes i have pretty much got it sorted in a wiring aspect and thoery of keeping the auto control as stock. Just need to test in the coming monthes but im having to do it at nights as i dont think i have a free weekend now to jan :(

He's a hard guy to get hold of this Ryan chap! I Pm'd him over a week ago about my auto TT and he's not got back to me. Must be busy! Where does he work from? Does he work for a tuning company in particular?

I'm in 3 minds. AEM MOTEC or LINK.

He's a hard guy to get hold of this Ryan chap! I Pm'd him over a week ago about my auto TT and he's not got back to me. Must be busy! Where does he work from? Does he work for a tuning company in particular?

I'm in 3 minds. AEM MOTEC or LINK.

As you are auto id go motec, Ryan will see you right:)

Can someone PM me his number please? Need to get this underway as I'm getting itchy fingers now! haha might end up trying to map it myself and I don't know the first thing about tuning supras!

Can someone PM me his number please? Need to get this underway as I'm getting itchy fingers now! haha might end up trying to map it myself and I don't know the first thing about tuning supras!

Hi Daniel :)

Yeah see if you can get hold of Ryan, the LAST thing you should do is try and map a Supra if you don't know what you are doing ! Unfortunately, there are even individuals running businesses mapping cars like the Supra and they simply haven't a clue what they are doing. You wouldn't believe some of the sh*t 'mapping' we have seen of late !!!

There's only three people I would trust to map my car Daniel, and that's Ryan G, Dave Rowe and Fraser Mackellar.....that's it.

Hi Daniel,

I can recomend Ryan G.... He mapped my Link G3 very well.. So well that my car runs nearly Stock off boost and a killer thing on boost..

Best decision i ever made :)

Well if you don't know the first thing you're best off not rushing in...it's the easiest way to get your fingers burnt.

Ask the people that have had AEM's fitted and mapped in the Milton Keynes area.....

Yeah we've seen a few disasters lately :)

If you are going to stage your development then you should probably go BPU and not do anything ECU-wise, then go for your super secret plan upgrade and bung in the ECU then. Otherwise you fit an AEM, spend £££s getting it mapped to something not quite as smooth as stock or ££££s getting it mapped as good as stock, and then bin that map as it is for smaller injectors, turbos, cams, etc etc and is pretty much completely redundant. So all the money you spent on the initial map is down the drain. Seems a bit odd but hey, it's your money and it's better than spending it on 20" rims and a wide arch bodykit ;)

If you are dead set on a standalone, Ryan is your man - I dunno what he'd be able to get out of a stock car but I'm sure he'd give it a go. He's a popular fella though so give him some leeway when communicating with him. I think he's unaffiliated, just word-of-mouth gets him jobs. Shows what a good reputation will do for you doesn't it :D

-Ian

Yeah we've seen a few disasters lately :)

If you are going to stage your development then you should probably go BPU and not do anything ECU-wise, then go for your super secret plan upgrade and bung in the ECU then. Otherwise you fit an AEM, spend £££s getting it mapped to something not quite as smooth as stock or ££££s getting it mapped as good as stock, and then bin that map as it is for smaller injectors, turbos, cams, etc etc and is pretty much completely redundant. So all the money you spent on the initial map is down the drain. Seems a bit odd but hey, it's your money and it's better than spending it on 20" rims and a wide arch bodykit ;)

If you are dead set on a standalone, Ryan is your man - I dunno what he'd be able to get out of a stock car but I'm sure he'd give it a go. He's a popular fella though so give him some leeway when communicating with him. I think he's unaffiliated, just word-of-mouth gets him jobs. Shows what a good reputation will do for you doesn't it :D

-Ian

#

Indeed Ian, Its all about reputation and how a mapper performs his work and gets results...