The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick! Cancel your insurance

michael

Read this

"The resident magistrate banned Reid from driving for 12 months and fined him £100 for dangerous driving, £40 for driving with no licence, £100 for having no insurance and £100 for failing to provide a specimen."

£340 is a bargain! Get on the phone, get some beers and get driving, it's the cheap sensible option..... according to the stupid law!

How stupid!

Originally posted by mcanny

Read this

"The resident magistrate banned Reid from driving for 12 months and fined him £100 for dangerous driving, £40 for driving with no licence, £100 for having no insurance and £100 for failing to provide a specimen."

£340 is a bargain! Get on the phone, get some beers and get driving, it's the cheap sensible option..... according to the stupid law!

How stupid!

:eek:

And after colliding with three vehicles, including two police ones, while fleeing the scene of another crash.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Erm, I believe the minimum fee for a Dangerous driving charge is £750 - and I should know.

I didn't think there was an actual minimum fine as such, just a "from this much £xxx to this much £xxx" guideline for magistrates.

I know each (non fixed penalty) offence has a maximum fine but I don't think there's a minimum.

Originally posted by Jake

I didn't think there was an actual minimum fine as such, just a "from this much £xxx to this much £xxx" guideline for magistrates.

I know each (non fixed penalty) offence has a maximum fine but I don't think there's a minimum.

I think he may have been joking as he's "in the know"??

But yes you're right, there's not a fixed minimum. If someone has no money, there's no point in giving them big fines as they'll pay 50p a week for the next 20 years! Fines are always based on your means.

But FFS, why not put him away for a month or two? If only to protect the public from him!

Originally posted by mcanny

Yeah, imagine how much it would put up the insurance premium you wouldn't be taking out ;)

ok I see your agrument... however

2nd time caught = ban

3rd time caugh = ouch

Have you seen how many police we have over here. I would say I have to produce every 6 months at least.

Maybe I look dodgy though.