The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed the Supra - how bad is it?

Homer

Bummer mate :(

Take it easy out there fella's, the roads are lethal at the moment and big power RWD cars with turbo's are gonna feel it most. Guys with NA MR2 Roadsters and MX5 I know are having problems staying on the roads - let alone supras!

BTW, exact same thing happened to mine. Went over camber change coming off roundabout. Caught it, went other way, unfortunately I had no crash barriers to bounce off - just a great hoofing concrete block. Thus one dead supe :(

Originally posted by SkyJawa

Take it easy out there fella's, the roads are lethal at the moment and big power RWD cars with turbo's are gonna feel it most. Guys with NA MR2 Roadsters and MX5 I know are having problems staying on the roads - let alone supras!

Never a truer word said my friend. I don't use my Supe everyday, and when I do I'm just aching to hear that 2nd turbo come 'on song', but the roads really are slippery this time of year - I'm really having to play it gentle and curb my enthusiasm :(

All the best with the repairs mate, hope you get it sorted soon.

On the plus side, whenever I break anything or need to replace a part, it's funny how the performance options are always cheaper than Toyota's stuff when explaining it to the missus ;) Maybe a bodykit would be cheaper than standard parts :innocent:

Matt

Thanks Dude :thumbs:

I'm getting an FMIC in a few weeks so think I'll just go ahead and get an aftermarket one on there now - may as well while the rest of the car is being painted.

Also many thanks to CJ for delivering the wheels today, I'm back on the road again now!!

Bad luck mate! Hope you get it all sorted OK.

As said already, the roads are crap for Supras at the moment, mine keeps spinning when the second turbo kicks in, seems worse this year maybe cause of wider 18's fitted?

Don't matter how good a driver you are these beasts can and will catch you out at some point!

Paul