The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I know if a company is still trading?

Supragal

The Bristish Company Registry should be able to help...

but now you're going to ask me who they are...and I can't remember - it's been too long since I had a business lol (I didn't take much interest when I did have a business).

But there is somewhere where all business have to be registered.

Companies House in Cardiff hold a register of

Companies and Company names.

However, it is no longer a legal requirement to register

with them depending on the size of the business.

For example, if you are a Sole Trader as oppose to

a PLC, there is no legal obligation to register. So

you may have varyiong degrees of success with Companies

House.

Not very fast I'm afraid...think it's down to the directors of the company to inform them...however it should give you the names of the directors etc should you wish to persue them for a breach of contract etc...

I'm assuming you've paid someone for something and they've said they've gone bust and you've lost money? Or something like that.

Companies house may not release the information too easily but they may tell you how you can get the info.

Not sure where you find the information, but if a company goes bust, that fact has to be Public Record to ensure that they can't screw other people after the event.

The public have to be protected. Court findings are all Public Record, and it is the court that would declare someone bankrupt. It might be an idea to ring your local County Court. The clerks are usually very helpful and might be able to point you at where such things are registered.

Hope you get on ok.

LOL, I'm past caring now, can you tell? Seriously, I meant I was worried but they're blatently just being **** about giving me their new address etc. I was about 5 seconds away from calling the police and reporting it stolen earlier though!!

Thanks Oxy, same results- they still exist but again registered at the address I already know :(

Pretty much.

Well, they are moving, in the process of so I suspect my car is still at the old place. They promised it would be done by xmas as they didn't want the hassle of having to trailer it to the new place but I can't see that happening.

I guess officially they are still at the old place but if they're not physically there I can't contact them. This has p1553d me off quite considerably.

Has there been several Trading Standards laws broken in the whole farce? It sounds like it over the last few months.

I'd get it out of there ASAP. Moving premesis on the sly is not normal behaviour.

Arrange a mutual price for the work so far (with hefty discount) and give it to someone tou trust to finish.

'on the sly' is probably a bit harsh. I know they're moving at the moment, it's just appauling customer service as usual.

I've already tried to find other places that will take on the work and it's a no go. There are many other reasons why I can't just take it away- wish it was that simple!! :(