The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possibly time for me to shut down the Workshop !!!

dude

good luck lad. you splitting with vortex or working together still?

get a few big plasma screens and some consoles. and a propper tea and coffee making set up. you could install turbo kits while the customer waits. you could have a waiting area with a big glass screen so the customers can watch someone do a bit of work. a wurlitzer jukebox and lots of rock n roll music. and lots of old signs on the wall.

what about making a burger joint. or milkshakes like the old american diner :)

whats the deal with the american trucks? is that what your mates into. why not do a v8 transplant in a supra. you know you want to.

:thumbs:

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

good luck lad. you splitting with vortex or working together still?

get a few big plasma screens and some consoles. and a propper tea and coffee making set up. you could install turbo kits while the customer waits. you could have a waiting area with a big glass screen so the customers can watch someone do a bit of work. a wurlitzer jukebox and lots of rock n roll music. and lots of old signs on the wall.

what about making a burger joint. or milkshakes like the old american diner :)

whats the deal with the american trucks? is that what your mates into. why not do a v8 transplant in a supra. you know you want to.

:thumbs:

Mark we actually do intend to use a Plasma in the customer entertainment area !!!!!, we will defo be going for the 'your welcome to drop in at anytime ' attitude , you will also be able to sit in the office area and watch your car being worked on , we may even put a window in the paint booth so you can see the car change colour .

We intend to hold turbo kits from Vortex in stock all the time and id like to get into mapping more hence the thoughts re the Dyno , as well as the space inside we reckon there is parking outside for around 15 supras .

The pick ups is something thats getting quite big over here my mate like them because they are like him big and loud , be handy for towing the car to the races as well .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Elliot

Dude, I know it depends on how big the job is etc, but what sort of timeframe would it take to get a Supe in with you for a complete respray?

What I mean is, do you have to book months in advance or what?

Depends on what you want but yes i do seem to be at a premium , saying that the longer you can spare the car the easier it is to get it booked in , what did you have in mind ???

i hate to rush things but with the new shop and more space it all becomes easier

Dude:flame Dev

Hehe - what do I have in mind!?

I've been compiling a list of late (geeky I know!) but most of the bits on here, and more as they come along. I'll post below the list & I'll probably post it again tomorrow in a new thread with photos etc for people to give opinions etc (don't want to hijack too much!)

Remove / fill / repair

Rear wiper base

Rear wiper sprayer

Aerial

Rear Window visor / spoiler

Rear bumper ‘Supra’ badge

Rear bumper ‘Toyota’ badge

Rear bumper ‘Blitz’ badge

Rear bumper fog light (wire into rear light cluster)

Rear number plate black plastic side surrounds

Rear number plate (fill hole)

Or….new rear bumper

Repair

Passenger side wing mirror

2 small shopping trolley ‘dinks’ on passenger side

Remove & Repair for sale

Side-skirts

Spats

Aerial

Rear window visor / spoiler

Front nosecone

Fit

Bomex front nosecone (plus lights?) T o accommodate radiator, FMIC etc

Veilside side-skirts

Veilside Spats

Replace

Rear orange lights in cluster, converted to clear

Horn (to one that’s not so gay!)

Trim

Spray

Entire car IN GOLD!, minus spoiler & bonnet. (Windows, lights, trim etc all out)

• 2 months later...