The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra snow

gannon888

I've done it. It was alright really. On the motorway I was over/undertaking people in 4x4 just like usual. The only problem I had was getting moving again after after coming to stop when I'd left the motorway. The car was going sideways rather than forwards but I think that was because my auto doesn't have an LSD and was just spinning one wheel.

Got out of our uphill works car-park in the snow. Only went sideways when I made it.
No LSD/torsen diff?

I've done it. It was alright really. On the motorway I was over/undertaking people in 4x4 just like usual. The only problem I had was getting moving again after after coming to stop when I'd left the motorway. The car was going sideways rather than forwards but I think that was because my auto doesn't have an LSD and was just spinning one wheel.

No LSD/torsen diff?

Yes. I have LSD. Why?

Got caught out once at work a few years ago and by the time I could leave there was a good few inches of snow on the ground.

My first problem was getting it out of the car park without hitting any of the other cars. Mine is an auto and even under the lightest of touches on the throttle the rear wheels spun and squirmed the car sideways.

My second problem was stopping as it just slid everywhere (I called a mate who I worked with and got him to drive in front of me about 40 yards to try and carve a path and give me advanced warning of breaking etc).

I guess your thinking why go to the effort and risk it....at the time I was working in a not so nice area and even in a secure car park we had loads of cars broken into so I had no choice but to risk getting it home...

Not something I would like to do again.....