The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2008?

miko_supra

Cant quite understand it, but Pod said around June time that they were completely booked up for 2008 and had been for 12 months. Which is why we are struggling to find a slot. They can do weekday slots easily (and cheaply) but we are holding out for a weekend.

Shakespear County Raceway said they can only run on certain days and have to run RWYB on those days to basically make money. They said we could take on a RWYB day and run it ourselves, but that means opening the gates to the hoi paloi which isnt good.

I like the idea of the MR2 clubs joining us. The Skyline people showed their true colours at TOTB this year and I wouldnt want them to get pushy or stroppy with our organisation if it didnt run to their rules. Sweeping statement I know but it put me off them a little.

We will run some sort of 1/4 mile event next year, but date, location and facilties are unknown. Just those small elements to sort out and its all go ;)

JB

Me too. I missed last year and was quite gutted. The pics and vids were very good, and there was a little bit of a write up in JP. This time I will deffinately be there and will have to have a go. I want to see how my auto compares to your manual Geth:d Mainly though Ive never taken a car down the strip, and it lokks great fun:)

Have you tried York Raceway or are you concentrating on the more southern sites first?

01422 843651 (Office)

[email protected]

The site is owned by a farmer, I can't see him turning down the chance of easy money but noise regs etc might be a factor. They have camping there on their RWYB weekends but facilities are a bit limited.

I get a nose bleed if I go any further North than Birmingham :D

We will hopefully find something, do you find it too far away for you michael?

Not really, Santa Pod is obviously the best venue to go for if it's available and probably best located for the majority of members.

I probably wouldn't attend if it was in York or my back garden, I just wanted to throw the York option into the mix while alternative venues were being considered.

Not really, Santa Pod is obviously the best venue to go for if it's available and probably best located for the majority of members.

I probably wouldn't attend if it was in York or my back garden, I just wanted to throw the York option into the mix while alternative venues were being considered.

No probs, was just wondering if you felt it was too far. Like you say we need to consider all options at moment especially if we dont get a slot at Santa Pod.