The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky insurance on a TT for the under 30's

Guigsy

That aint the best, working in the trade and looking at these pages I could see that coming. The winter cull is upon us and buying one now isn't the right time esp. if you are a young fella.

With all the best intentions as an insurance company to keep the club happy, if the stats are crap the stats are crap and they will have to modify the underwriting criteria to make money.

Could be worse though, look at VX220.org or SELOC, normally at least 2-3 I've just had a crash posts on each page.

Hope it improves!

PS I don't work for SKY

i think i should be ok as i have an everyday car, which is a micra insured with sky. The supra will only be for shows and some of my days off, either way im getting insured if i have to put my dad as the main driver i will and il be the second

christ jazz i thought you were older than thirty:D well you have been building your soop for what seems about 20 years:D

lol yea its been so long i cant believe its finally done just waiting for bits from nic so i can fit everything back together

either way im getting insured if i have to put my dad as the main driver i will and il be the second

Most companies have cottoned on to this and wont accept it. It is classed as a fraudulent misrepresentation and is likely to either by declined at inception or have the policy avoided in the event of a claim. In this case the company CAN retain premiums paid and look to recover damages from you if a third party claims against your policy as well as having you damage not repaired as well as any costs incurred. FACT!

Shop about more, someone will take it on unless the risk really is that bad.

I'm not really a sh*t head I just don't want to see people mess themselves up.

I'm 23 with an imported TT with mods and I found quite a few companies to insure me.

yea im pissed of from this thread its put stress on my head and i even told my dad to let me take it out he told me to wait, just when my bloody car finally gets done this happens:(. Sky gave me a wicked quote aswell im going to call them tommorow

Blimey, you turn your back for one minute ;)

I love these threads, one person gets told there existing insuring will not up grade cover to a TT and then its

“What if we have a claim, we'll be screwed.”

“What will happen to my renewal”

“Sky should be withdrawn!”

It’s like the scene from Holy Grail, BURN HER BURN HER SHE’S A WITCH.

The fact is I can still insure Supra’ for drivers under 30. There are other criteria that has to be meet first, but that has always been the case. Just because you’re over 30 doesn’t mean we will cover you, and just because you’re under doesn’t mean we won’t. Each case is looked at on its individual merits. However the post is correct I am speaking to other insurers about taking on Supra’s, so when a company does refuse to cover you I can try another, then another.

Jay

one person gets told there existing insuring will not up grade cover to a TT

Jay I can appreciate what you're saying, but when a club member gets told this;

"I have spoken to your underwriters regarding the change to the Toyota Supra. Unfortunately, they are unable to cover anyone under 30 on twin turbos at the moment. I have also looked at the rest of the market and am finding the same wherever I go."

It's bound to make people panic. It doesn't mention 'one person' and it doesn't make references to individual circumstances. The fact that it came from Sky themselves means it's more than a rumour being blown out of proportion.

I think we have. Unfortunately i can't discuss an indiviuals insurance publicly, but if someone, for example, was under 25 had less than 3 years bonus and more than one fault claim in the last five years, then they would not get cover on a TT.;)

Actually if they were 40 and had less than 3 years bonus and more than one fault claim I don't think I would cover them on a TT.

Jay

Jay I can appreciate what you're saying, but when a club member gets told this;

"I have spoken to your underwriters regarding the change to the Toyota Supra. Unfortunately, they are unable to cover anyone under 30 on twin turbos at the moment. I have also looked at the rest of the market and am finding the same wherever I go."

It's bound to make people panic. It doesn't mention 'one person' and it doesn't make references to individual circumstances. The fact that it came from Sky themselves means it's more than a rumour being blown out of proportion.

It's a fair point. My first post was a little tongue and cheek.

I agree the comments made by our guy did send a slightly mixed message.

We have always had trouble getting the under 30's past underwriters. In order to do it we have to convince them that everything else about the risk is fantastic, some we win some we lose. This won we lost.

just to make it clear i have no beef with sky. i always find them very helpfull. i just found it a bit confusing and rather odd. Adrian flux will insure me. however if i wait till i have 3 years NCB (febuary) its going to be 500 quid cheeper. i may just buy the car i want now while it is for sale and leave it sat on my parents drive for 3 months. :p

called sky they couldnt give me that quote so they said call around november when i will insure the car they will try to sort me out, i hope so, i called lancaster they are going to get back to me but if no one does then i will have to insure it under my dads name or with elephant:(

if no one does then i will have to insure it under my dads name or with elephant:(

I'd advise anyone looking to insure a car in their parents name to look at this link and consider it very seriously

http://www.maxpower.co.uk/wwf/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=102

Having a contract avoided has very serious implications as well as having charges for fraud. Insurance is a legal requirement and setting up a policy that is misrepresented is asking for trouble. With one broker I worked for I saw an 18 year old lad lumped with being done for no insurance and a £7000 liability claim as he lied about his occupation.

Markets change month to month, don't stress, it could all be different in 30 days time!

I'd advise anyone looking to insure a car in their parents name to look at this link and consider it very seriously

http://www.maxpower.co.uk/wwf/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=102

Having a contract avoided has very serious implications as well as having charges for fraud. Insurance is a legal requirement and setting up a policy that is misrepresented is asking for trouble. With one broker I worked for I saw an 18 year old lad lumped with being done for no insurance and a £7000 liability claim as he lied about his occupation.

Markets change month to month, don't stress, it could all be different in 30 days time!

i meant my dad as the main driver and me the second:p