The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sod it

gaz1

bugger:( i just am not 100% now:rolleyes: t61, or 67, i have 264, 264 cams, more info guys make my mind up:D

i went from 35 to 4088 - think that is 61 to 67, and like they say the 35 whoops the 4088 everywhere bar the dual carriage way once you have the top of 3rd gear. I dicked around with a fair few turbine housings too.

I have a feeling the drivability of mine is better than most because of the vvti, trd diff and 395 rears, yet would not want to go larger than 4088/67 for traction / spool issues.

edit; whichever one you want will give you a smile.. both are even in my book!

From the 2 chaps I've spoken to with the 'big' HKS kits (KAI, and T51R), they're not what I'd call a streetable turbo. Very, very powerful when on boost - there's no doubt about that - but it's on power so much later than even my T67 it would mean it would be useless on my daily driver. They'd be great for a high speed motorway monster, or drag car, but for a quick spooling road car - nah.

Gaz, if you can, get a drive in as many as possible. In particular Wez's motor (it's the benchmark for me), it's possibly the fastest street car I've been in (if you back can take the super-hard suspension!)

It all depends what you call a daily driver??? Yes i agree boost dosent come in until 4k.. but mine is very streetable in the sense its a good driver off boost..

There is a lot of info regarding the characteristics of the T67DBB on that exact setup you want here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=68090

Something I've found out since is that the spool could be improved yet further if I hadn't chucked out part of the wastegate that seals it properly :blush: so it in fact is better than that. But there you go.

I've driven a T61 and it certainly comes on boost faster than a T67, but I just couldn't live without the mahoosive raw shove that the T67 seems to have over the 61.

Also, with the DBB, it gets up to half a bar of boost pretty quickly around 3000rpm so for driving like an arse around town (sorry I mean "streetable" :D ) it's actually quite good :)

Wez's car is posessed :devil: we don't know why it's so powerful but I'm determined to reverse engineer it one day so I can apply it to may car :D

-Ian

just about to order the boostlogic t67dbb kit and a greddy 3 row, who has this kit and what do you reckon on it, happy or not, i am going to change the whole single setup:D as i cannot be arsed with flange this and flange that:rolleyes: and cheers for the info smarty;)

No worries Gaz, glad to help :)

As Smarty was saying Gaz, the kit is of such a high quality and low price that it makes so much sense to go for it.

Id have been saying the same thing if i could have got a word in edgeways! From what i have learnt over the months, the flow, compressor maps and specific sizing of the T67 is just about slap bang perfect for the Supra engine size. Dbb versions even more perfect with the better spool character :)

When people discuss 'well setup singles' its usually these kinda cars they have been in :)

Are you saying i talk to much? :D

ill take you out in mine mate if your around the essex area running 264 cam on the ex and in and a blt67 turbo

i watched yours at maram i was well impressed, should have gone against it then:rolleyes: what revs do you feel the turbo start to pull john

There is a lot of info regarding the characteristics of the T67DBB on that exact setup you want here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=68090

Something I've found out since is that the spool could be improved yet further if I hadn't chucked out part of the wastegate that seals it properly :blush: so it in fact is better than that. But there you go.

I've driven a T61 and it certainly comes on boost faster than a T67, but I just couldn't live without the mahoosive raw shove that the T67 seems to have over the 61.

Also, with the DBB, it gets up to half a bar of boost pretty quickly around 3000rpm so for driving like an arse around town (sorry I mean "streetable" :D ) it's actually quite good :)

Wez's car is posessed :devil: we don't know why it's so powerful but I'm determined to reverse engineer it one day so I can apply it to may car :D

-Ian

i could not go without that top end grunt:D

question, i while back i posted about a little race with a porsche gt3 rs, i had it quite comfortable, now if i had a t61, what do you think would have happened, and what would the t 67 be like against it:D

Either would destroy an NA GT3 RS....it's the torque that does it.