M4RK RZ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HIYA !!!

good meeting up with you again Mike, Steve & Tom (plus the older guys but forget who they were sorry)

i was told i would run early 13's all day long once bpu , but didnt think sub 13 was poss.

my best is 12.8@113 last year:D i'm standard BPU @1.2 bar

unfortunately on sunday i could only manage a 12.9@113, 13.0@112 and 13.0@110 :( however still chuffed with those figures.

My first race i got spanked by a FQ400 with a T30 something turbo + a few extras, not really spanked, he pulled a couple of car lengths on me within the first 60 foot but i stayed with him after that all the way. he got 12.2@114.

The other 2 races, well one was against an old 200sx - i'd turned off the track before he'd gone over the finish line and the other was i think a charade GTTi(?) - i'd finish, parked up and ate half a burger before he crossed the line :p

good result :)

I consista=ntly got 12.5's on bpu with standard turbo's etc and crappy cheap tyres, so easily possible :)

was that at Santa Pod ? cos i really think it depends what strip you're at.

Does anyone else think Santa Pod strip dips in the middle then up hill at the finish ??? i say this cos you can just about see the finish line when you're on the starting line...or is it just me ??

Looking at the 1/4 mile top 25 (which is out of date now) there are no cars running 11's that dont have either big twins or singles as far as I can see ?

BPU running 11's must be wrong :search:

I have run 11's in a BPU car! I ran 11.82secs @117mph a couple of years ago and I ran an 11.97@118mph on Saturday during the Japshow Finale practise day.

Simon

Mine will run high 11's all day long in its current setup and I have done at 2x different venues with crappy surfaces (Elvington and Crail). It's BPU with a few added extras. What's important is I'm running stock cams, stock ceramic turbos (at 1bar at the strip with my advanced ignition mapping) and stock fuel system.

Over BPU I have a map2 piggyback, 4,000 stall torque convertor, BL trans and GReddy 3-Row FMIC.

I think everyone else in the 11's has hybrids and / or aftermarket more aggressive cams.

Worth noting there are actually 2 drag lists for the person that commented the top 25 all have big twins / singles - that class list and a stock based turbos class list.

Cheers,

Brian.

hi mark well done on 1st time out

updated your time onto list

62. 13.7252 @ 105.63 mph M4RK RZ 60ft 2.3872 330ft 6.1362 1/8 et 9.0722 1/8 mph 85.54 mph (TT6) JAP (Santapod)

aits possible to get into 11`s with a few choice mods.i not got much on my car.cams,decatted,exhaust,fmic,4000 stall and drag radials.still on stock 440cc injectors and no fuel computer or boost controller.

hi mark well done on 1st time out

updated your time onto list

62. 13.7252 @ 105.63 mph M4RK RZ 60ft 2.3872 330ft 6.1362 1/8 et 9.0722 1/8 mph 85.54 mph (TT6) JAP (Santapod)

aits possible to get into 11`s with a few choice mods.i not got much on my car.cams,decatted,exhaust,fmic,4000 stall and drag radials.still on stock 440cc injectors and no fuel computer or boost controller.

Cheers for doing that :)

Im just doing a shoppin list ;)

Sorry bout that, got my wires crossed. Congratulations on that 13.7 mate.

I had that TC problem on the 2nd run - left the car to go watch the jet car and forgot the TC would be back on again when I started the engine. Think I got around a 15, too ashamed to go get the timing slip.

Then didn't have time for a 3rd run 'cos my mates had to leave early and all my stuff was in their truck.

Will have to try harder next time.

It's all down to the 60ft times ;)

Every tenth saved on the 60ft is something like 3 tenths on the full quarter mile, 2.0-2.1 is good for normal road tyres and high 12's is fairly easily possible.

For high eleven's/low twelve's you need more traction ;)