The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All Roads lead to the Gauge South of France

Wayney

Pictures are better :)

Did you go with a club or was it with people who you know?

Who arranged the accomadation and route?

Mate I went with a club called fb5k. They planned the route, accomodation & travel. I agreed the movie does not really capture it fully, but bear in mind that was the slower sections.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some beautiful pics there Wayne!

We normally go to that part of the world about this time of year - it's fantastic - everyone should do it at least once in their life.

Was the C6 'vette modified in any way? The performance sounds really impressive as because it isn't a Z06 so should be around 400bhp stock. Not that I'd be so surprised though, as my C5 only puts out just over 350bhp and it still surprises me how good that is. We had a play with a Carrera 4S on the autoroute yesterday and destroyed him. :rlol:

We just got back from a France/Germany trip late last night. We spent 5 days around the Black Forest. The roads there are some of the best for driving on that I've ever seen. Long sweeping bends on beautifully smooth tarmac through mile after mile of pine forest. Many of these roads are really wide too which helps as some of it is very high speed stuff. (Often with the long drops off the edge that you talk of too) Then there's the autobahn......

Why did I come home again??

:D

I know it'll involve views containing the 'vette, but I'll post some pics later.

It's got the Z's wheels though. I think that's what threw me.

Sorry mate - I wasn't meaning to sound like I was picking you up on that. I thought it was a Z06 too until I looked more closely at the front of the car.

I like those Z-wheels too. They're nice when they're chromed.

Wayne, have you ever driven the Nurburgring? :)

I was one of the lucky few who has experienced the thrill of driving around the RING, I done it in a Lambo Gallardo on my XBOX. :D

No I've never been mate, some thing I'd love to do next year, along with wanting to drive in the twisty, famous hills of Monza, dropping in for tea at the famous Ferrari, Zonda & Lambo factory, which is all based in Marrenello.

Have you been? If so wots it like?

Was the C6 'vette modified in any way? The performance sounds really impressive as because it isn't a Z06 so should be around 400bhp stock. Not that I'd be so surprised though, as my C5 only puts out just over 350bhp and it still surprises me how good that is. We had a play with a Carrera 4S on the autoroute yesterday and destroyed him. :rlol:

We just got back from a France/Germany trip late last night. We spent 5 days around the Black Forest. The roads there are some of the best for driving on that I've ever seen. Long sweeping bends on beautifully smooth tarmac through mile after mile of pine forest. Many of these roads are really wide too which helps as some of it is very high speed stuff. (Often with the long drops off the edge that you talk of too) Then there's the autobahn......

Why did I come home again??

I know it'll involve views containing the 'vette, but I'll post some pics later.

The corvette was the 405 bhp stock version. I was giving him lots of stick on the French Autoroutes. Performance, from 70-140 mph there was nothing in it. we was side by side, and that was me running 1.1 bar (Full BPU). But after 150-180 it'll pull 1-2 car length on me. I think that has some thing to do with the gearbox ratio, where he can hit higher top end speed. I was taken for a spin in it and the pull is constant through out the rev band, while the supra you need to wait for the 4,500 rpm, then you've got the same kick. It was funny at 100 mph the car was revving at under 2,000 rpm in 6th gear.

Hav you got any pics of your visit to the Black Forrest? :D

Unlike anything else in the world :) (driving wise)

I just read your comment earlier about "adrenalin factor" - it was obvious to me you'd not driven there :D I understand what you mean though about the mountains, went on a road trip though the Welsh mountain roads a few years back and that was awesome with the narrow roads and drops etc - Breathtaking and it makes you very alert when driving! :D

You must go to the Ring at least once.. the problem is that its addicting!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate but why put some pic's up of an ugly fella in a hoodie standing next to your car????

brilliant pics. looks great fun... but after robs comment i couldnt resist :p:D

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3025/48copypg6.jpg

:lol:

+ Wayney mate, nice pics, seems like you enjoyed yourself.

Odd Job lose some weight if you wanna keep doing trips like this :D

• 2 years later...

Fabulous pics, brings back memories of my trips down there this summer. A week in July and then 2 weeks in Sept. Managed to get across to Andorra on one day, seriously twisty bits :)

I think we definitely need a Supes in the Sun trip. Just don't go in August as the South of France is full of Parisians ;) May/Early June or Early Sept are the best times, no kids and the weather is still brilliant.

K.