All Roads lead to the Gauge South of France

Wayney

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics wayney,judging by the company you were in,lambos,porkers etc i guess there was a few spirited drives?what was the fuel bill like for the trip?Have to say i would love a drive like that.

We convoyed down with 15 cars, on the smooth French Autoroutes, every one wanted to race the Supra, M3, 911, VX220 Turbos etc. All got their ass wipped, and I was only running 1.1 bar. The Lambo and the Corvett, was the only 2 cars, that could match me. From 70-120 mph we were side by side, nothing in it, but the Lambo and Corvett really shone over 140 + mph, where they will pull 3-4 car lengths. The girl driving the Lambo was giving that car some serious stick, she could really drive. LOL :D

We had lots of blasts on the motor, once south of Paris. I remember doing 160 + = mph in 110 kmph zone. There was one of those black small box speed camera on the motor way, The corvett was in front, then the Lambo and then me The Corvett went through the speed camera, then the Lambo, and by the time it had registered, the Corvetts speed, it flashed, which was me. This happen twice to me in the same day. Just hope I was going to fast for them to get my no plate. Bear in mind we was doing over 160 + mph in 110 KMPH zone.

Fuel bill 1500 miles round trip £450 :D

We convoyed down with 15 cars, on the smooth French Autoroutes, every one wanted to race the Supra, M3, 911, VX220 Turbos etc. All got their ass wipped, and I was only running 1.1 bar. The Lambo and the Corvett, was the only 2 cars, that could match me. From 70-120 mph we were side by side, nothing in it, but the Lambo and Corvett really shone over 140 + mph, where they will pull 3-4 car lengths. The girl driving the Lambo was giving that car some serious stick, she could really drive. LOL :D

We had lots of blasts on the motor, once south of Paris. I remember doing 160 + = mph in 110 kmph zone. There was one of those black small box speed camera on the motor way, The corvett was in front, then the Lambo and then me The Corvett went through the speed camera, then the Lambo, and by the time it had registered, the Corvetts speed, it flashed, which was me. This happen twice to me in the same day. Just hope I was going to fast for them to get my no plate. Bear in mind we was doing over 160 + mph in 110 KMPH zone.

Fuel bill 1500 miles round trip £450 :D

Worth every penny bud.You lucky ba**ard.:cool:

Wayne mate, some great pic's there looks like loads of fun & sounds like a SUPRA ROAD TRIP might be on the go next year doing same route looks like loads of fun. Bet there will be quite a few members interested in a 1500 mile road trip with lots of very nice scenic views & plenty of driving on the go.

brilliant pics. looks great fun... but after robs comment i couldnt resist :p:D

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3025/48copypg6.jpg

:yeahthat:

gotta be the club supra trip next year ;)

Fantastic pics. I'm going to completely copy that trip next year.

Any more pics of the Z06?

Worth every penny bud.You lucky ba**ard.:cool:

Wow!

Wayne, did you keep record of the route? It might be worth trying to put one of these on. Sounds like you have a great time. I wish i had known about it, i would have like to have joined you :)

superb Wayne, makes me want to do something soon :)

Looks like you had a lot of fun matey.. nice array of cars there too! Gorgeous views.. I need to take mine down that neck of the woods some day.

Guys, all I can say is the pictures don't even tell half of the story. Just imagine driving on roads like that, mile after miles for 8 hours a day. I spoke to Lui earlier and the only way I can describe it, its like taking your car around a go-kart circuit.

Judging by the comments, I think we should plan a Supra run, down to the Gauge, some time next year 08.

Just wondered who would be up for it? :D

Trip looked great, i'd be up for some of that next year.

Clean open roads :)

Gaz, its clean open roads, no speed cameras, no coppers, no idiots on the road, just you and the car as one. To be honest I've always been afraid to push the car. The fear that the back end my kick out and bite my head off. But this 1500 mile trip has made me understand my cars ability. As Jemery Clarkson said on Topgear these are one of the most demanding and challenging roads in Europe.

It truly awesome going around bends doing 30-60 mph, and your taking every corner perfect, as you've got the satnav, showing you this corner and the next one in front, braking, when the car in front brakes or choosing your own braking point, feathering the throttle through the corner and then waiting for the car to straighten up before planting your foot on the throttle. But then theres that adrenalin factor which you don't get at the Nurburing, which is when you look down you see a massive drop. Some thing out of WRC. :D

I may not have tamed the beast, but at least I lived to tell the tale. ;)

But I would say if your gonna do a trip like this you need to make sure your brakes are up for the job, because its heavy braking down hill into the tight twisty hair pins, that cooks them. The Lambo had to pull over a few time. Also coolant, is very important, as your giving the car allot of stick, out side temperature is usually 30c. Lastly Tyres and tracking is extremly important, I guess it goes with out saying.

ROLL ON GAUGE RUN 2008!! :D