The mkiv Supra Owners Club

400 to 450bhp at the wheels

bmx1lew

Guest yoshi_v300

I'll 2nd that.

I've seen dyno sheets from CLUB ARISTO in Japan where they did a RR with some standard turbo Aristos/2JZ-GTE engines...at 1.1bar they seemed to make about 400hp

400rwhp is going to be pushing the TT setup to the absolute limit, you'd need a good set of hybrids to get anywhere near it.

My car with stock turbo's reached 360rwhp, this was with 11.9 AFR's, 1.25bar boost

The most power hybrid car I know of is Grahamc's (well at least last been done at a dyno with comparable results). Graham has 380rwhp at 1.4bar and a *proper* map.

My T67 makes 460rwhp at 1.4bar, so it gives you some idea where you need to head to get over 400 at the wheels ;)

Edited - unless you mean at the flywheel?? Then it's possible with the stock setup.

cheers homer :D

yeah, my car ran 451bhp (flywheel) at Surrey Rolling Road (rather reputable).

The map is not 100%, RyanG is booked for this weekend do clean up the fueling and add some LINK features like launch control, traction control, etc ;)

My list of mods:

FMIC

HKS Fuel system - 680cc injectors, walbro fuelpump

HKS Cams - 264/264

Induction

Exhaust full decat

Hybrid turbos

LINK ecu

Also keep in mind that my car had a bottom end build as well, including new rings, seals and gaskets.

If you want a genuine 400 to 450 BHP at the flywheel you will need to bin the sequentials and spend some serious money, nitrous, or grenade like modifications apart.

Sorry Chris, but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, my car has done it. Dyno graphs have been posted.

its just a thought at the moment i wanted to know for next summer, the plan is for winter, while its off road im going to be working on the wheels, brake's, coil overs, body work, window tints,head lights, interior dash think carbon and crome rings, and leathering the seats. then probs saving up for the summer, once thats all well and good.. well paid for, i will start looking at the engine and seeing were to spend next, as said im not aiming to high on HP however ever time i meet people with supras i get more insipration... its just spend spend but i dont think i will be chaning cars soon!

bin the standard seats, they weigh a ton, get buckets and harnesses!!

I disagree. It has been done before, and can be done again. I'd even put it on an engine dyno if your paying...

Gaz.

I agree :D

So what rolling road do we trust then for power figures....?

Surrey ?

Yep.

It's a good baseline as so many Supra's of various spec have been dyno'd there. The figures provided have always consistent and inline with expectation - the times when figures have been low there's always been a problem, likewise, when figures were getting higher than expected, they were running lean (runs were aborted).

They can also overlay your run against any other supra they've had, provided you know the reg plate.. it's proved 'interesting' to say the least :)

But Hybrids are good for 1.4bar, so why wouldn't you run them at that boost, thats like having a 200mph car and never taking it above 30mph.....:D

This is the original posts that I'm referring to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wilson

If you want a genuine 400 to 450 BHP at the flywheel you will need to bin the sequentials and spend some serious money, nitrous, or grenade like modifications apart.

I disagree. It has been done before, and can be done again. I'd even put it on an engine dyno if your paying...

Gaz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wilson

What mods would achieve that Gaz?

So i asked how 400 BHP or more can achieved, without running 1.4 bar on std turbos (which is well out of there efficiency ) or running 1,4 bar on hybrids.

i didn't suggest that you wouldn't:rolleyes:

Dose that make sense to you now i have explained it?

What mods would achieve that Gaz?

I would be interested to know that? without running 1.4 bar on std or hybrids.

550's or 650cc, uprated pump (as a minimum)

HKS 256 or 264 cams (important)

Greddy EMU

Hybrids

FMIC

3" Envy de-cat, good quality exhaust.

Most importantly - a good condition engine.

I've seen a manual Supra run 440 @ 1.2 bar and 474 at 1.4 bar.

Regards,

Gaz.

550's or 650cc, uprated pump (as a minimum)

HKS 256 or 264 cams (important)

Greddy EMU

Hybrids

FMIC

3" Envy de-cat, good quality exhaust.

Most importantly - a good condition engine.

I've seen a manual Supra run 440 @ 1.2 bar and 474 at 1.4 bar.

Regards,

Gaz.

474 :blink:

Whos car?? What mods exactly?? PM me if need be... I want more power out of my car, so very interested :D