The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A no longer, Jezz works his magic!!

Smellywelshman

As people know on here i'm very interested in doing this rather than going NA-T , but my only question that i still don't know the answer to is will this £3-4 spend put this on the value of the car ?

What i'm trying to say is will a N/A converted to a TT be the same price as an original TT when i come to sell or will people who aen't that clued up frown upon this as it didn't start out its life as a TT.

What do you think your car is worth now ? Do you think it will be worth £4k more with a second hand TT engine in ? Probably not much in it, but at least you know you're car and you wouldn't know so much about the history of a TT if you bought one.

The other thing you have to consider is whether someone is likely to be be bothered about whether the car has had a TT lump retrofitted or fitted originally by Toyota. Some wont be bothered, but some will be put off.

Me personally ? I would rather buy a TT than a NA-TT.

What do you think your car is worth now ? Do you think it will be worth £4k more with a second hand TT engine in ? Probably not much in it, but at least you know you're car and you wouldn't know so much about the history of a TT if you bought one.

The other thing you have to consider is whether someone is likely to be be bothered about whether the car has had a TT lump retrofitted or fitted originally by Toyota. Some wont be bothered, but some will be put off.

I agree entirely with what you're saying mate. To some people I think it wouldn't matter one little bit (at the right price of course) but even I would probably have second thoughts about buying a N/A-TT.

The thing with mine is that I was planning on keeping it for a goodly number of years anyway and by that time it would be nigh on 20 years old and probably woudn't be worth much no matter whether it was an N/A, TT or nissan micra!:)

So I thought stuff it, if I do this then I've got a car that I trust, a VERY clued up garage to whom I can go to for further mods or to fix probs, and just keep the car modding and changing things as I become bored!

There aren't many cars out there that look as good, go as good and are as (ahem, relatively) affordable as the supydoopra. I just didn't want to look back when I've got kids and all that sh1t and think 'I wish I'd done that, it would have been cool'.

Moral of the story, I don't really care whether its put what I've spent on it onto the resale value, in my experience cars are a general money pit whatever you buy. Rather spend £4K on WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO factor than lose it to depreciation buying a new 1.2 clio or something.;)

would you say the same to buying a single or a jap car with uk brakes,exhaust,bodykit the list can go on, how many of the things we put on was done by toyota?

hardly any of them

but it dont stop people buying the supra.

if its been done well why would it affect your judgement on the car?

There aren't many cars out there that look as good, go as good and are as (ahem, relatively) affordable as the supydoopra. I just didn't want to look back when I've got kids and all that sh1t and think 'I wish I'd done that, it would have been cool'.

Moral of the story, I don't really care whether its put what I've spent on it onto the resale value, in my experience cars are a general money pit whatever you buy. Rather spend £4K on WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO factor than lose it to depreciation buying a new 1.2 clio or something.;)

A great attitude to have towards modding these cars :thumbs: Glad you're happy with the car, it'll certainly be a new driving experience ;)

Once you get used to it (which might take a while), you always have BPU to look forward too :D

would you say the same to buying a single or a jap car with uk brakes,exhaust,bodykit the list can go on, how many of the things we put on was done by toyota?

hardly any of them

but it dont stop people buying the supra.

if its been done well why would it affect your judgement on the car?

Brakes, exhaust, bodykit etc is hardly the same as an entire engine.

Like I said, it's personal preference. I would rather buy a TT than an NA-TT myself.

However, I can totally understand smellywelshmans choice and he has a great attitude toward it, just glad he's happy :)

A great attitude to have towards modding these cars :thumbs: Glad you're happy with the car, it'll certainly be a new driving experience ;)

Once you get used to it (which might take a while), you always have BPU to look forward too :D

Cheers mate, and yes...... I have ALREADY, FOOOOOOKING ALREADY thought about BPU, probably fit an AEM first tho, any advice?

Like I said, it's personal preference. I would rather buy a TT than an NA-TT myself.

However, I can totally understand smellywelshmans choice and he has a great attitude toward it, just glad he's happy :)

I still hear what your saying dude, and agree. Its a real personal thing doing what I've done to my car, especially wi it being a samoopra. You dont want do fakook them up.

All I've got to say is...... It'll be reit (my best mate's a lancashire fellow, blame him for the reit bit), and you watch this space!

SINGLE:eyebrows:

:D Good on ya ;)

Think about where you want to go, what you want to do and how much you want to spend before opting for something like an AEM - it's over £1k including sensors and mapping is on top.

Have some (more)fun mate, get used to it then go BPU. That'll keep you entertained through the autumn\winter and then think about beyond BPU for the spring summer ;)

I agree with Matt. From someone thats been through this I strongly advise you take a few months to get used to the TT before you take the BPU step. The power increase and the way the car drives changes dramatically once the cats are gone and boost is raised. Also, I wouldn't recommend going BPU during the cold months, it will catch you out!

Single is a whole different matter, as I've posted before, the cost to do it is considerable (£7k min). Get it running nicely at stock, then BPU, then see if you want to make that massive expenditure to go single. For £ per hp BPU is tiny, for a single, is huge. e.g.

300bhp stock 0.75bar = nothing (it was like that already)

420bhp BPU++ 1.25bar = £2000 (inc FMIC)

545bhp T67 single = £7200 (on top of BPU mods)

The costs ramp up as do the running costs

Your missus found out how much you spent then? :D

YOU are a very very BAD man!!! its you that put the idea of a single in my diddy brain in the first place! :blink:

Jezz mate the cars running real good. Whats your quote (ish) for an AEM or boost controller thingmy? Wont be for a while but I'd like to know what to save up for! PM me wi a rough idea mate.

Uh oh..................:(

Is this what you guys call the modding bug?:eyebrows:

I agree with Matt. From someone thats been through this I strongly advise you take a few months to get used to the TT before you take the BPU step. The power increase and the way the car drives changes dramatically once the cats are gone and boost is raised. Also, I wouldn't recommend going BPU during the cold months, it will catch you out!

Single is a whole different matter, as I've posted before, the cost to do it is considerable (£7k min). Get it running nicely at stock, then BPU, then see if you want to make that massive expenditure to go single. For £ per hp BPU is tiny, for a single, is huge. e.g.

300bhp stock 0.75bar = nothing (it was like that already)

420bhp BPU++ 1.25bar = £2000 (inc FMIC)

545bhp T67 single = £7200 (on top of BPU mods)

The costs ramp up as do the running costs

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Holymoly mate! That was a bit of a sudden 'bring down to earth'!

It'll br reit tho, I'm never going to sell this car, it'll be 'The Project' for many years to come!!!

Bring it on....:D:D:D

Jezz mate the cars running real good. Whats your quote (ish) for an AEM or boost controller thingmy? Wont be for a while but I'd like to know what to save up for! PM me wi a rough idea mate.

Uh oh..................:(

Is this what you guys call the modding bug?:eyebrows:

Yup, that'l be the modding bug, faster faster faster!!! :D

To echo what Matt and Homer have said, its coming up to winter, your car is a rear wheel drive 340bhp completely different animal to when it was NA, it dont like slippy wet cold tarmac. I'd leave it as it is for now, but maybe as you suggested, an AEM wideband and trueboost is no probs, as all they can do is let you know your engine is all good and in check. Then once spring comes, all you need is a walboro fuel pump and a couple of decat pipes for an extra 50 odd ponies. :)

good on you fella looks like this is going to be my next big step.Jezz hope your ready for the flood of n/a owners your way:eyebrows::p

I just hope the whole breaker shortage finishes soon, as I have absolutely no stock left!! :blink:

Holymoly mate! That was a bit of a sudden 'bring down to earth'!

Sorry mate, but thats the reality (when you stay away from the know-nothings, or the salesmen) - As I learnt the hard way!

All I can advise is to take it a step at a time. Get your TT running properly over the autumn and winter and if you still have the bug for more power look into it in spring next year. Lets face it, after the NA, you're not going to get bored of stock TT anytime soon ;)

To echo what Matt and Homer have said, its coming up to winter, your car is a rear wheel drive 340bhp completely different animal to when it was NA, it dont like slippy wet cold tarmac. I'd leave it as it is for now, but maybe as you suggested, an AEM wideband and trueboost is no probs, as all they can do is let you know your engine is all good and in check. Then once spring comes, all you need is a walboro fuel pump and a couple of decat pipes for an extra 50 odd ponies. :)

All I can advise is to take it a step at a time. Get your TT running properly over the autumn and winter and if you still have the bug for more power look into it in spring next year. Lets face it, after the NA, you're not going to get bored of stock TT anytime soon ;)

Thats some good advice, cheers guys. I cant see me getting bored for a veeeeeeeeery long time!

Well, until my mate gets a 350z anyway!;)