The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want a supe but I am scared!!!!!

GT5500

Your not going to be happy in anything else other then a Supra are you :D.

To me it sounds like your being a little over cautious and probably hearing stories from the handfull of memebers that throw stupid amounts of money at their cars, like me most times, but in standard trim, I dont think you will have any worries with the servicing.

I spend a lot of money of my car, but even still I cant justify spending much more then £500/£600 for 4 tyres, I run Falken 452's, there fairly cheap compared to some of the other named brands, they might not be as good, but the grip levels in the dry to me an average Joe Bloggs cant tell the difference, in the wet I notice they dont have as much grip but then I tend to be a litte cautios in the wet.......:cool:

I think you need to starting looking for the Supra that you want, there's a lot out there so shop around.

But I tell you now, as soon as you drive her home, you wont look back, wonder why the hell you didnt do it sooner, and love her more then any other car you have ever owned.......I gaurantee that....;)

Surely you must be psychic right? this about sums up everything I have been thinking. The deal is I have to pay the missus some money back and then its time to go on a hunt, might be asking some members for help in the not to distant future (See how cautious I am before I even decided I want one,think what I will be like when I start looking!!!) then its the old chesnut, auto or manual, funnily enough having never owned or driven an auto I am leaning to auto after hearing so many good things about them.

Surely you must be psychic right? this about sums up everything I have been thinking. The deal is I have to pay the missus some money back and then its time to go on a hunt, might be asking some members for help in the not to distant future (See how cautious I am before I even decided I want one,think what I will be like when I start looking!!!) then its the old chesnut, auto or manual, funnily enough having never owned or driven an auto I am leaning to auto after hearing so many good things about them.

Where in kent are you mate?

I own a manual, but have been taken out in some auto's and to be fair, I wouldnt complain about having an auto, and Im usually a manual through and through, but the way the auto delivers the power, smoothly through each gear, I like the way it does it.......

Gimme a shout when you start looking, I dont mind helping you out, always up for anything Supra related.....;)

Yeah i certainly do, small world :)

I thought so, I recognise you from your avatar, I live just along the road from chaucer, and I used to work in the Beefeater, in fact my sis still works there. Looked a nice supe from what I saw, loved the colour and the rims looked cool as well.

I thought so, I recognise you from your avatar, I live just along the road from chaucer, and I used to work in the Beefeater, in fact my sis still works there. Looked a nice supe from what I saw, loved the colour and the rims looked cool as well.

Many a lunch time spent in that pub :).

And thank you, like i say your more than welcome to come along and have a look :)

if you find a supra you like get an engineers report done on it .at least you will know if anything major is wrong with it.

Then when you park it up you will look back at it and think wow thats mine.

every single day. infact when i just popped down to the post office i looked arround 3 times cause it looked so good :p

I think there is some good advise in the

DONT HAVE A SINGLE TURBO phrase :) - if you were into modding that is

seems to promote problems as pig and a few others were telling me at JAE this year . BPU it and be happy happy happy!!

As said already somewhere in this thread, I am not into engine modding really. Induction kits in my mind are a waste of money, upping boost never seems a good idea to me either and I really can't understand why anyone fiddles with the dump valves. The only mods I would want are a nice exhaust, not for performance just to look and sound nice. I would possibly uprate the suspension and I like the sound of the RLTC.

Fellah, stop prevaricating and just GET ONE!!!! Sometimes people worry themselves out of opportunities then kick themselves further down the line for missing out.

Supra's are fantastic cars whether stock or modified, you'll get endless smiles from it whether your booting it along a straight/twisty bit or gazing at it squatting on the drive looking lush.

They are old cars now so parts will need replacing - keep them good quality, its worth spending that bit more, think of each component as an investment - feed them on the best fuel and lubricants, keep them regularly serviced.....and ENJOY!!!

JUST DO IT!!! :D

Linda

xx

Fellah, stop prevaricating and just GET ONE!!!! Sometimes people worry themselves out of opportunities then kick themselves further down the line for missing out.

Supra's are fantastic cars whether stock or modified, you'll get endless smiles from it whether your booting it along a straight/twisty bit or gazing at it squatting on the drive looking lush.

They are old cars now so parts will need replacing - keep them good quality, its worth spending that bit more, think of each component as an investment - feed them on the best fuel and lubricants, keep them regularly serviced.....and ENJOY!!!

Linda

xx

:D i agree. get a good one you will be fine. Remember the cup is half full ;)

Sponsored by Nike this week hun? :p

You seem like a sensible fella who knows what he wants. Yes they can cost a lot if big items break, but if you are not modifying you ought to be ok, or at least minimise the risk.

Buy an unmodified stock low mileage car and you should be fine.

Personally i would be looking towards Lewis' car in the for sale section :)

Alright, alright guys, you obviously missed the bit where I said that I have to pay back a debt and then I am in the hunt. The worrying ended a few days ago and the dreaming has begun, hopefully in the near future the dream will be a reality. I had told myself that I wouldn't get another old car but in my opinion there are very few cars since the supra that are better:D I really can't wait now, I am already teaching myself to ignore the numbers on the pump at the station:innocent: