The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Average power of a supra, what is it?

Guest spider

There was a thread quite a while back where Paul Evans described the various hybrid specs (yeah, I know....)

Stage 1 = New compressor & turbine wheels with increased scroll area

Stage 2 = As above but with reground compressor housing and increased wheel size

Stage 3 = As above but with reground turbine housing and increased wheel size

Why would you say that then mate? It does not matter if i have Italian, i also have Jap bikes, i love all super cars no matter what. Why would i wind things up when there are cars on this forum with epic horse power to leave my gear standing on the straights:eyebrows:.

Am i to believe that if anyone asks me a question about Ferrari on here that they are winding ME up?

Na my friend i just want to know one of my sparing partners so to speak;)

Actually, I'm interested in your ferrari experience. I seriously considered going the ferrari route (348 or 355) last year - even went to look at a couple. But, I searched the web and joined a forum and found too many reviews / posts that suggested a 1500 mile drive was simply asking for something to break, many comments saying "OK, so it's not as well built as a Porsche" etc. I also discovered that the valve seals could be an expensive repair, although day to day servicing didn't seem so bad from independents.

How long have you had yours and how do you find it? How many miles a year to you cover? How reliable is it really? My 964 is very reliable - I'd trust it to get me to the other side of Europe - but still, some things need fixing at the moment (air con for one!). I eventually decided that if I had a 355 instead of the 964, I would have a car that I'd never drive that far, because I wouldn't have the same level of trust.

Why would you say that then mate? It does not matter if i have Italian, i also have Jap bikes, i love all super cars no matter what. Why would i wind things up when there are cars on this forum with epic horse power to leave my gear standing on the straights:eyebrows:.

Am i to believe that if anyone asks me a question about Ferrari on here that they are winding ME up?

Na my friend i just want to know one of my sparing partners so to speak;)

Glad to hear it mate.

Apologies for the suggestion, but we quite often get owners of other marques coming here just to try to get a rise out of some of the more vocal members. ;)

I wouldn't mind a 355 myself. I (all to briefly) drove a 355 F1 GTS before I had the Supra and absolutely loved it.

But only 3 laps of Goodwood and not allowed to go below 3rd - it just wasn't enough.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ken.holland/Ferrari/Dsc00607.jpg

Envy Hybrids are always Stage 3 iirc, same goes/went for JPS ones too i think, but i have never really looked into Hybrids....

Yes they are, not sure what it entails though Jake! I think they have larger internal housings to handle the additional pressure, but they were fitted before I bought the car by Phoenix. Mine were Envy Stage 3's though.