The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Stand at Time attack @ Brands Hatch - 2nd September

DamanC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Im out of this folks.

Having spent 2 hours cleaning and polishing the car I went to start it and the battery had run out. Put the jump starter on it and the alarm wont disarm.

Its a crappy stock UK spec alarm which are known to do this after a while.

So unless I find a way of bypassing the alarm system Im not going to be able to make this.

bugger.

Hows your battery/alarm issues coming along?

Will there still be a club stand without you there?

looks like the alarm is dead and theres no simple way round it without disabling the whole unit which on a UK spec takes a bit of work.

Club stand should have gone ahead anyway, it was more of a nice place to park instead of a huge club stand so hopefully its all fine.

Got to choose a new alarm now and get the UK spec one ripped out.

JB

Just got back home after a grand day out. Shame you couldn't make it John. The club parking was ideal. It was also good to get to the pits and see Paul and the guys. I have a few pics that I will post later in the week.

damn, I was really looking forward to it as well.

Glad it all went well.

JB

Agreed, an enjoyable day out. :)

Nice that Brands is quite local so no long drive on the way back.

Was good getting into the Pits to check out Steve's Supra, say hi to Paul and Darren and see how they were getting on with the RX.

Well done to the guy's, they did well.:thumbs: Darren put some impressive lap times down in the RX, shame the action kept getting stopped with the occational "off's" that were happing (damn those Fensport guy's) :p.

I reckon Steve will be one to watch when he sheds some weight and the A/C off his Supra.

Suprisingly the "pick-up truck" racing was quite entertaining to watch, had great difficulty dragging myself away when they started the final round of it later on. Good stuff!

You guys left 10 min too early..

Daz was putting in some storming times in the final, kiss of death though the comentator said he was "man of the match" and then there was a little gravel action..

Hope all is well with Daz and the motor.

Some storming laps by him, was in 3 or 4th when i had to do a runner.

Ps good to see everyone.. and all that track action for £12, bonus!

You guys left 10 min too early..

Daz was putting in some storming times in the final, kiss of death though the comentator said he was "man of the match" and then there was a little gravel action..

Hope all is well with Daz and the motor.

Some storming laps by him, was in 3 or 4th when i had to do a runner.

Ps good to see everyone.. and all that track action for £12, bonus!

Did Daz come back or was that what we saw before the Pick-up truck final?

Darren only went off down the road with pure race fuel on board and 1.8 bar boost to do a bit of mapping! Didn't get time to map it for the jungle juice before the event. We really wanted to turn it up for the final run with all guns blazing and thats we did!

What sorta lap time did Daz manage with the 1.8bar + Jungle Juice/Moonshine remap changes?

Can't believe that, thought you guy's had packed up and left after all the pissin about with Red Flags and waiting around in previous round. :(

Any vids? That's summink i'd like to see/hear, the Rex flying down that straight on full chat at 1.8 bar! Any more local events left this year?