The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's owned pod @ HKS Rd3

Guest Ben Linney GTC

That was one of the best weekends i'd spent at Santapod for a long time, with Supra's doing us proud! :ecstatic::more:

Having gone to the last three Rotorstock's which were held at Shakespeare Raceway i didn't know what to expect with it at the Pod, I was plesantly suprised!

Well done Steve, Leon and Dee! :clap::respekt::more:

And not forgetting Rob!:thumbs::respekt:

I was sure i saw Dee run an 8.4 on Sunday, maybe that was Steve then? :blink:

After drinking most of saturday in the sun and running riot on bumper cars at midnight :burp: (I don't remember those things being much fun, but when your wasted it's amazing how much you can laugh trying to get whiplash on one of those things.)

Come Sunday i was a bit worse for wear, so not suprised i was under the impression Dee had run an 8.4?:nyah:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also dont forget about the sumo R33 skyline which is already running in the 8's and its on a small turbo which i believe is about to be changed to a bigger unit to get into the 7's and also Mr Cowie who is now in the 8's with more to come ;)

out of all the cars that are runing in the 8's (both supras and skylines) i wonder which ones are street legal ie normal rear axel set ups etc??

Mike

Well thats the way it will end up in the Pro-Class and it's quite within the rules. Just look at the USA NHRA scene and you will see what the future holds in that class.

Thanks

Kevin

Steve's car still vaguely resembles a MKIII Supe and Dee and Leon's cars still look like MKIV's though!

Will they have to look like Funny/Dragster cars to get into 7's????

:question:

Well, I know Leon has a stock rear end that Dee has a built rear end and the car has been tubbed out. Steve's Mk3 Supra is a built for purpose machine and certainly has no suspension components from a mk3 Supra. Not to sure on the skylines as I have never really had a close look at the back of the cars.

Thanks

Kevin

also dont forget about the sumo R33 skyline which is already running in the 8's and its on a small turbo which i believe is about to be changed to a bigger unit to get into the 7's and also Mr Cowie who is now in the 8's with more to come ;)

out of all the cars that are runing in the 8's (both supras and skylines) i wonder which ones are street legal ie normal rear axel set ups etc??

Mike

Guest Ben Linney GTC

Mike

not forgetting Duke GTR, 8's since last October

a vid from PTM show which don't think you guys have seen before

not forgetting Duke GTR, 8's since last October

a vid from PTM show which don't think you guys have seen before

Yeh but the duke car was bought in and i dont see it as a skyline anymore, it hardly resembles one and inside it looks nothing like one so i think thats possibly gone a little too far but no doubt tim has driven it well, most drag cars that have come over here do nothing but this car has backed up what it did in Japan but i guess i like the "built by myself in my garage" cars with a few bits stripped out inside to lose some weight :D which is what TOTB was all about but that event has changed now :( all cars should be driven to TOTB and (hopefully LOL) driven back :cool:

Yeah, a proper full weight street car category would be good at TOTB. Would make it a lot more exciting for guys like me competing..... each year I go it loses it's appeal more because unlike the tuners I know I don't have a spare £30k to chuck at the car to have a fair chance at winning the damn thing!

Cheers,

Brian.