The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's owned pod @ HKS Rd3

Guest Ben Linney GTC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a brilliant day at Pod for the Supra's (except us ;) )

The times run by Steve, Dee, Leon were fantastic.

Leon has rung just about every last ounce out of his setup - he'll need more power to go any quicker.

Steve's car has plenty more in it and will run a mid 7 soon, that I have no doubt.

So Leon officially has the fastest Supra (not tubbed out) in Europe now... :D

Regards,

Gaz.

Steves drag car framed MK3 has a 2jz engine in it. I think its a 3.4 ltr. The Body had a big block in it before he had it .

The final pro was between the Calder supra and Steve. Steve's time was 8.2x @169.x to take the win.

The street class final was between the rx7 and the fensport supra.

Dont know who won that!

The front wheel drive class I dont know about but the crash the civic had at the end of the track was a little scary to say the least. The car was completly trashed :blink: The driver was Ok but a little shaken

When it goes wrong it really goes wrong!!

Guest Rick C

Ok, official verdict here. I want to get this updated on the HKS Drag Series page right away, but both our webmaster and his assistant are on holiday at Santa Pod (who's idea is that?), so I'll use the Mk4 club to say this for the time being.

Top times were had at Rotorstock for sure:

Steve Whittaker, Supra Mk3 - 8.207 @ 169.89mph

John Bradshaw, Skyline GTS - 8.5396 @ 161.39mph

Dee Ireland, Supra Mk4 - 8.672 @ 159.05mph

Leon Green, Supra Mk4 - 8.7740 @ 160.22mph

The Pro Class has moved on in a way none of us would have imagined, but it's great to see pure uncompromised drag cars still using original jap engines... you don't know how happy this makes me!

Great racing in the Street and FWD class too, congrats to Steve Whittaker who defeated Steve Guirey (Impreza) in PRO, Adrian Smith (Celica) who defeated James Willday in his RX7 in STREET, and Scott Whitelaw who went up against a broken Guy Chaimberlain in FWD for thier wins. Comiserations to anyone who broke big-time or crashed (I hope Simon Holms and Guy Chaimberlain are not put off by thier mishaps this weekend), and well done to everyone else... it really was some great, great racing.

I simply cannot wait until October. Throw Tim Webster into the mix and we are going to see the best drag racing meeting ever in my opinion at the JapShow Finale.

Think it was the crank position sensor gear coming loose again despite been spot welded and reinforced, but won't know till I investigate further. Bit of a week spot on supras particularly manual ones! All 4 cars we have had that problem with have been single turbo manuals so I can only think the repeated violent engine moment on a big BHP manual Supras has some thing to do with it.

Kevin

Engine looks like it is loosly based on a 2JZ though - they wouldn't get that time with a 7M:p

What happened to the Envy supe on sunday Kev?

The Introduction of TH400 and Power Glide shifters has made a lot of difference along with the cars being lightened further. The cars in the Pro-Class are now drag specific machines and not road car compromises.

Kevin

So what suddenly happened to Pod then? Is it now a downhill strip or was prepped better? Or is it the case that the tuners here have finally got their act together? :)

I will not hear anymore shite about it :)

Is it possible to find out what HP and torque these motors are running ;)

Steve Whittaker, Supra Mk3 - 8.207 @ 169.89mph

John Bradshaw, Skyline GTS - 8.5396 @ 161.39mph

Dee Ireland, Supra Mk4 - 8.672 @ 159.05mph

Leon Green, Supra Mk4 - 8.7740 @ 160.22mph

Guest Rick C
Is it possible to find out what HP and torque these motors are running ;)

Sorry dude, the track timing data dosen't show that! :p You need to ask the owners.

I would say they would all be running 1100 flywheel horse power + Nos.

Its interesting to see how much the CRD car has improved by switching from a Manual to an Auto and Dee has not perfected running his car with an auto so there is probably more to come.

Auto's are at least good for a second over the 1/4 mile over a manual car with the same horse power and they are way more consistent run after run.

Thanks

Kevin

Guest Rick C
I would say they would all be running 1100 flywheel horse power + Nos.

Its interesting to see how much the CRD car has improved by switching from Auto to Manual and Dee has not perfected running his car with an auto so there is probably more to come.

Auto's are at least good for a second over the 1/4 mile over a manual car with the same horse power and they are way more consistent run after run.

Thanks

Kevin

Sorry to hear about your troubles Kev. Your race against Fensport last year is still one of my favourites at any event. Would have loved to have seen you do it again in Street.

Rick

Lol tell me about it I was absolutly gutted! I was looking forward to pitting my skills against Adrian once again :) I suppose thats racing for you I did about 6 runs on Saturday then my car brakes while doing the burnout on the first run of the day on Sunday. Less practise makes perfect in this case!

Kevin

Sorry to hear about your troubles Kev. Your race against Fensport last year is still one of my favourites at any event. Would have loved to have seen you do it again in Street.

Rick