The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried the xs power Gt45?

Reesen

You are some clever lads! :-)

No I havent been in a 600hk supra, but one of my friends (CSA in here) has a 500 hp one, and no qestion it flye´s..

But isent the T61 to small for the TT? And can it provide enough power to rech the 500hk limit?

Was planing on this..

AEM ecu

XS power manifold (I know the have a bad rep...got it)

720 cc injektors (denso... got em)

HKS fuel rail (got it)

2 250l fuel pumps (got em)

Properly HKS cams

Greddy Froced 1 boost controller (got it)

then I don´t know what turbo to choose, that´s why I asked!

And what more do I need?

gt40/88 it is then spools around 4000 then flys, good for 750 i believe and you could pick one up for around £600;)

gaz1 Quote:

Originally Posted by Reesen

Okay... was looking at that one, but havent found a place where to get them taht cheap :-(

the good ol usa

Haha.. Ya.. But then we have something called shipment, and a 25% tax here in sweden :-S So don´t think 600 would cover it :-(

Please do me a list of what would be a good setup when im aming for (and I have to be realistic now...) 500-600 hp! ;)

Sorry to sound blunt but I think you're going about this the wrong way round.

You should define your aims for the car, then choose the turbo that will most suit it, then design the rest of the kit to manage that turbo.

If you want a realistic 500-600fwhp IMO you should aim towards a T61 or perhaps very slightly larger turbo. A T67 on a very basic setup will easily make 600bhp, so will be a little overkill for your requirements.

What are you lookinf for though - a car that will be VERY quick below 100mph, or one that can outpull almost anything starting at 100mph?

Homer Quote:

Please do me a list of what would be a good setup when im aming for (and I have to be realistic now...) 500-600 hp!

Sorry to sound blunt but I think you're going about this the wrong way round.

You should define your aims for the car, then choose the turbo that will most suit it, then design the rest of the kit to manage that turbo.

If you want a realistic 500-600fwhp IMO you should aim towards a T61 or perhaps very slightly larger turbo. A T67 on a very basic setup will easily make 600bhp, so will be a little overkill for your requirements.

What are you lookinf for though - a car that will be VERY quick below 100mph, or one that can outpull almost anything starting at 100mph?

Your properly right! But you know how it is. Some people say something, and some say´s something diffrent, and then to be on the safe side...

But im still not convinced that the T61 can make 500+ hp.. But maybe it´s a start.

I want a car that´s not to slow from 0, but it still have to give a kick when im over 100 mph. U know what I meen don´t you?

RobSheffield

Like a salamander...

Club Member

Sales Feedback: 100% (22)

Quote:

Where from? :-)

And is it jurnal or ball bering? Or just plane...

Journal bearing, got it from a trader who doesnt come on here much, BUT lots of people can get them for that much from the states.

1995 J Spec TT 6 (Currently NA - mid Single install)

I´ll give it a go tomorrow! Maybe I can get them to wright down price on the pakcegde so I don´t have to pay that much tax ;-)

But im still not convinced that the T61 can make 500+ hp.. But maybe it´s a start.

I want a car that´s not to slow from 0, but it still have to give a kick when im over 100 mph. U know what I meen don´t you?

Probably it's lost in the translation but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Haha.. Ya.. But then we have something called shipment, and a 25% tax here in sweden :-S So don´t think 600 would cover it :-(

Dude you get me to bring it here to holland and give it to one of the contractors travelling back to norway every weekend and then you go fetch it. Gotta be cheaper than tax.

And just for the record my poorly T61 on a 1991 engine put 455 bhp on the hub dyno at thor and the calculated at the fly using a good rolling road 456 bhp the next day at 1.1 bar of boost. 1.4 bar should see close to the 500 bhp marker which the tuner said he wouldn't go to due to the turbo bearings being worn on mine. So if tuned right a t61 will indeed deliver 500 horses, It won't deliver 600 though that is t67 territory. From what I can gather though a t67 with a lower exhaust a/r will give you the low down spooling speed and with a 0.70 a/r compressor side enough air flow to create about 600-650 bhp depending on your injectors/cams/etc

Homer Quote:

Probably it's lost in the translation but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sorry.. Was a bit tirred, and my girlfriend was calling me from the bedroom :rolleyes:

I want a fun weekend car, not a dragster, even troug I still wanna take it to te track, and still make a good impresion :)

Nic Reesen is yours manual or auto? This also needs to be taken into consideration when choosing the right turbo for your needs.

Yesterday 22:51

It´s a manuel :)

dangerous brain Quote:

Dude you get me to bring it here to holland and give it to one of the contractors travelling back to norway every weekend and then you go fetch it. Gotta be cheaper than tax.

And just for the record my poorly T61 on a 1991 engine put 455 bhp on the hub dyno at thor and the calculated at the fly using a good rolling road 456 bhp the next day at 1.1 bar of boost. 1.4 bar should see close to the 500 bhp marker which the tuner said he wouldn't go to due to the turbo bearings being worn on mine. So if tuned right a t61 will indeed deliver 500 horses, It won't deliver 600 though that is t67 territory. From what I can gather though a t67 with a lower exhaust a/r will give you the low down spooling speed and with a 0.70 a/r compressor side enough air flow to create about 600-650 bhp depending on your injectors/cams/etc

So you can get it to holland for at good price? You work in the states or?? regarding the collectin i norway, it depends on were in Norway it is. Sweden is a preatty lang country, and I live almost as sauth as you can go! But if you can get it to Holland without the tax, and then ship it ti me (If it comes from europe, you don´t have to pay tax) I would be wery interessted in a T67.

What A/R would you chose to get the low down spooling, and what is the right setup?

Sorry for all my dumb qestions, just don´t wanna bay the wrong thing´s and get a car that don´t suite my need´s :innocent:

Well I am going back to the UK in a weeks time if one of the UK traders can deliver a t67 turbo to my UK address by Friday or saturday morning then I can bring it back with me to Holland on the monday. The heli one place in Norway is at Stavanger if I spelt that right so yes right down south. My best bud in Holland lives in Norway but he went home this weekend. One of the 10 contractors here go back up to Norway every weekend so I will find one I trust if my mate isn't coming up in two weeks.

I know of a guy here selling a t67 dbb turbo for close to £750 if that is of interest to you.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but a t67 with 70 ar on the compressor and 70-80 ar on the exhaust side would be the middle ground between spooling performance and power????

dangerous brain Well I am going back to the UK in a weeks time if one of the UK traders can deliver a t67 turbo to my UK address by Friday or saturday morning then I can bring it back with me to Holland on the monday. The heli one place in Norway is at Stavanger if I spelt that right so yes right down south. My best bud in Holland lives in Norway but he went home this weekend. One of the 10 contractors here go back up to Norway every weekend so I will find one I trust if my mate isn't coming up in two weeks.

I know of a guy here selling a t67 dbb turbo for close to £750 if that is of interest to you.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but a t67 with 70 ar on the compressor and 70-80 ar on the exhaust side would be the middle ground between spooling performance and power????

Do they fly from Holland to Norway?

that T67 dbb (that means Duall bearing right?), is that new or used, and if used, what condition?

Stavanger is aprox 500 km from me, så that´s a long trip ech way :-(

Du you know the spec´s on that T67? Im wery interessted :-)

No I wont get charged tax from Norway, nither from england! As long as it is from a EU country, I wont get charged... So if the turbo is in england, it can be shipped from there! :-)