The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Comparison of Single Turbo RWHPs

Jake

I don't believe the stock cams are a problem with the PHR1 turbo as it ran out power just the same on my car, which has 264/264 cams.

Just looked at my own graph and my power on my virtually stock j-spec starts dropping away at about the same point as Wez's- mine is at 5900, although it's no-where near as significant a drop (it's about 10bhp over 600rpm)

With Wez's turbo able to flow far more air than my two surely that should point towards the camshafts as they are the common link between both cars?

Not saying you're wrong mate, it's just an observation. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're confusing the gt4088R with the non-R journal bearing turbo there Mike. I'm pretty sure Jamie has never had a 4088R, both his were plain 4088s. You can't really make comparisons between the housings of the two types because so much is different between them.

Jamie first had a A/R .81 and now has a .95. He originally said the .81 was the better of the two as a street tubby...but he may have changed his mind now i dont know.

I have to agree with Jake on this one,, its pointless compairing the two tubbies given the difference in bearing + divided housing on the GT4088R prev mentioned by someone...my GT4088 isnt divided either.

Jamie first had a A/R .81 and now has a .95. He originally said the .81 was the better of the two as a street tubby...but he may have changed his mind now i dont know.

I have to agree with Jake on this one,, its pointless compairing the two tubbies given the difference in bearing + divided housing on the GT4088R prev mentioned by someone...my GT4088 isnt divided either.

Yes the .81 is a better turbo imo, both the ones ive had are journal bearing as Jake said, the larger one i have now makes better power for sure but is deffinatly more laggy, ill be changing to something smaller soon:)