suprafan72

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Joe,

a question i have.. how do we know what is accurate and what isnt?? in dyno readings...???

It is usually not good to compare runs from different RR's, you should really stick to one and continue your tuning using the same one as you should get more consistent results that way. At the end of the day it is just a figure that the specific RR that you are using has calculated taking quite a few variables into consideration.

The only way to find out the engines true power is to have it taken out and put on an engine dyno.

You should be happy with what you have now mate, I would trust that figure that you got. ;)

It is usually not good to compare runs from different RR's, you should really stick to one and continue your tuning using the same one as you should get more consistent results that way. At the end of the day it is just a figure that the specific RR that you are using has calculated taking quite a few variables into consideration.

The only way to find out the engines true power is to have it taken out and put on an engine dyno.

You should be happy with what you have now mate, I would trust that figue that you got. ;)

Im very happy Joe, and im not really wanting to go any further... feeling 712hp on the road is amazing and crazy really.. hence ill be running on around at 1 bar mostly.... going just over 200mph in a supra is allso amazing.

Still in my garage, back off the road again :(

Saving up for the work again, HKS T04Z for me i think.... hope to get it sorted within a month.

Fingers crossed youll be on the road soon John, Be interested to see your results compared to mine.... the to4z is a damn good turbo...:D

Jake those losses are the same as yours and mine mate, it was the same RR.
Yeah I know it's the same dyno but mine was only 18% drivetrain losses.

I do know howwever Dangerous Brain on here (apparantly) Took it to another DynoPack then took it to maplins and the figure differences were somewhat interesting in there differences.... i.e at the hubs figure for the 1st dyno was the same as the fwhp fig at maplin motorsports.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The figures from hub dynos (eg the famous Thor one) are considered by many folks to be flywheel figures rather than hub or wheel BHP.

Hub dyno's are not as reliable for power runs as standard ones...but what they do give is repeatability for mapping.

The most accurate wheel dyno I knew of was the G-Force one...not sure if that's still that case.

I think it's best to get 3 results from 3 different dyno's if you really want to know where it's at....

...but how it goes on the black stuff next time you have a roll on with a ferrari is all that counts ;) :p

Whats even more amazing i've just done some mpg calculations.. at a constant 75mph doing 95 miles i used 2.5 gallons...

thats spending allot of time on my off boost map... im well amazed.

Ive done a km to miles converstion as my speedo reads in km/h, worked it out at 38 to the gallon!!!!

Whats even more amazing i've just done some mpg calculations.. at a constant 75mph doing 95 miles i used 2.5 gallons...

thats spending allot of time on my off boost map... im well amazed.

Ive done a km to miles converstion as my speedo reads in km/h, worked it out at 38 to the gallon!!!!

I'd expect 28mpg....you sure you used british gallons??

Guest SKILLZ101
Ok here it is... 1.4 Bar run... the graph says 1.5 but the run was at 1.4 type o..... Think i will leave it at that for a while..

Did manage a 140 km/h to 325 km/h run in 30 secs (timed) on a private road on the way home of course :D

DAMN!!! that dyno graph is smooth! :eyebrows: