The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test day at Brands + big thanks to Tony Green

SteveL

Hey Guys! :D

Sorry it's taken a while to get on here (been with the missus this w/end so not got on the net).

Car is indeed amazing and a real credit to Steve, Paul, Daz and Tony, I know when Steve came to pick me up for the session he was looking decidedly worse for wear but once Tony got him setup he was flying! :cool: Had the pleasure of a few laps with Steve myself and was staggered at the amazing setup, speed and composure the Supe seemed to have, really was top notch stuff.

Tony seems like an ideal Track Day coach as he's friendly and has a vast wealth of knowledge which he shares whole heartedly and his enthusiasm was 110% all the time, brought out the best in Steve and would recommend him to any one looking for some tuition.

The actual setup we settled on was 30 at the rear and 28 at the front which seemed to work very well and produced some stunning results.

Can't wait to see how we get on at Brands for the final round of Time Attack but we need to do Knockhill first which will be a challenging circuit from what people have said.

Nadine is indeed driving a friends Viper after competing in her own supercharged version back in TA 2006. Nice looking car but did seem to struggle with racing lines as confirmed by Tony.

Was a blindingly good evening (weather was simply top notch) and I think Steve is making a superb effort to do all Supe owners and enthusiasts proud.

Next stop Knockhill!!!!!! :eyebrows::p:d

Hehe nice. Is that pipe for the air intake or for brake ducting? It would be cool to get some pieces made out of some light material to fit the Supra :)

.. its for air intake, its a bit blingy but very light, so until I can get some larger diameter stuff in ther it'll stay for now.

I had thought about ducting for the brakes, but theres an oil cooler in the other pod, so not much room for pipework.

Mind you, at the moment with the timeattack, long times on track are not an issue.

Function over form :) I was thinking under chassis vents/scoobs to redirect some of the air to the brakes. I think some of the guys in the US run with similar pieces of kit.. but like you said not needed for only a couple of hot laps.

I have some brake ducts and tubing which I intend to install into the front ports on my splitter which will force cold air onto the back of the disks, similar to the US setups.

Function over form :) I was thinking under chassis vents/scoobs to redirect some of the air to the brakes. I think some of the guys in the US run with similar pieces of kit.. but like you said not needed for only a couple of hot laps.

... I didn't notice any fade/heat problems during the brands session, we where running for about 2.5 hours with a few 5 min breaks. But it does look like I've baked the brake dust on the front wheels!

I have some brake ducts and tubing which I intend to install into the front ports on my splitter which will force cold air onto the back of the disks, similar to the US setups.

... oooh pics mate when your done. Might have to look into this further because of the 'baking effect' mentioned above!

... I didn't notice any fade/heat problems during the brands session, we where running for about 2.5 hours with a few 5 min breaks. But it does look like I've baked the brake dust on the front wheels!

... oooh pics mate when your done. Might have to look into this further because of the 'baking effect' mentioned above!

And who'll be responsible for cleaning that off the wheels then I wonder?! :rolleyes::search::p

Better get my special cleaning gear packed up for Knockhill I guess!! ;):D