The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping done by Dan!

kslb

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont hate tuning, if I did I would never have brought another Supra after tuning one before :D, that after owning Scoobies and a R32 GTR

I do have some issues with the tuners who perform their tasks and dont give any explanation to the customer on the results achieved and the factors that effected these, seeing 500bhp fly for the PHR DBB2+ turbo at 1.5 bar seems quite short of what you would expect, I would have expected a tuner to explain their thoughts to the client on what factors could have delivered this result, this may be the case however so I may stand corrected ;)

Its the one Dan allways uses at Advance Motorsport in bletchley.
That's the one mine caught fire on then.

Mine made 522bhp and 670Nm (495 ft-lbs) with just a PHR Stage 1 at 1.4bar on the same Dyno.

(Although I do have cams and a Motec m600, dunno if that makes a difference)

Mine made 522bhp and 670Nm (495 ft-lbs) with just a PHR Stage 1 at 1.4bar on the same Dyno.

Those figures are almost identical to mine with same turbo.

would have expected the client to have been told the reason for the lower than expected figure based on that turbo's spec

Nope, no explanation was given to me either as to why after a little more mapping, my turbo was spooling later than when I dropped the car off :rolleyes:

Motorscope in north allerton.

http://www.motorscope.co.uk/

Same place Jay and Michel get their's done at.

Ahh ok,

Had mine dyno'd at Dan's and it gave me figures that were quite a bit less than the figures from a previous dyno run with the same boost at another location.

Few of the guy's who have had a dyno run at Dan's all agree that the figures seem to be very conservative.

Jake,

If I remember rightly you have HKS forged pistons? At reasonable boost levels a good forged piston can yield greater power (owing to less piston deformation and blowby and they'll also conduct heat out of the chamber better too).

Do you know what static compression ratio your motor is built to have?