The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping done by Dan!

kslb

FWIW mine did 510@fly at 1.4 bar on Dan's dyno, that's with reground stock cams which are just a load of shit and the turbo's not even on full song. Might get mine on the Motorscope one in North Allerton to see how they compare, stock bottom end here and I asked Dan to do a conservative map based on previous fuck ups and head changes which occured during the build

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That dyno reads a bit lower on the rwhp then SRR dyno, I know as I had mine done by Dan on that dyno and she made 625 fwhp if memory serves me correctly. I then went to SRR shortly afterwards and made 622 fwhp on their dyno (528 rwhp). Both runs were at 1.5bar

Also, for what it is worth, those runs were done with a leaky seal on my turbo. That was replaced soon afterwards and I was due to go back to Dans to have the map tweaked to compensate for the now fully sealed turbo. It was then that I had my 'incident' with the brick wall which stopped my modding in it's tracks for the time being until she is fixed.

That dyno reads a bit lower on the rwhp then SRR dyno, I know as I had mine done by Dan on that dyno and she made 625 fwhp if memory serves me correctly. I then went to SRR shortly afterwards and made 622 fwhp on their dyno (528 rwhp). Both runs were at 1.5bar

Also, for what it is worth, those runs were done with a leaky seal on my turbo. That was replaced soon afterwards and I was due to go back to Dans to have the map tweaked to compensate for the now fully sealed turbo. It was then that I had my 'incident' with the brick wall which stopped my modding in it's tracks for the time being until she is fixed.

how is she getting on joe, be ready for jae?

Jake,

If I remember rightly you have HKS forged pistons? At reasonable boost levels a good forged piston can yield greater power (owing to less piston deformation and blowby and they'll also conduct heat out of the chamber better too).

Do you know what static compression ratio your motor is built to have?

Mine has JE forged pistons race bearings metal gasket new valve stem seals arp head bolts.

how is she getting on joe, be ready for jae?

Pfff, JAE, yeah sure. Me and the Supra will be hitching a ride with the flying pig outside of my window now. :rolleyes:

That's my summer, done and dusted. Bit fucked off really to be honest.

Pfff, JAE, yeah sure. Me and the Supra will be hitching a ride with the flying pig outside of my window now. :rolleyes:

That's my summer, done and dusted. Bit fucked off really to be honest.

sorry to hear that mate,:( much more to do to get her ready be a shame not to have it there

sorry to hear that mate,:( much more to do to get her ready be a shame not to have it there

She is not due to go in for paint/body work until 7 days or so before JAE. That is of course if the mechanical bit's are done in time.

I was hoping to bring it to JAE this year. except this time instead of leaving on a flat bed. I was going to arrive on one as I was not going to drive it up to keep it in pristine condidtion....

Seriously starting to look at other makes of car if shit does not start happening soon...

I am really liking this, probably much more trouble free too.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/177491.htm

She is not due to go in for paint/body work until 7 days or so before JAE. That is of course if the mechanical bit's are done in time.

I was hoping to bring it to JAE this year. except this time instead of leaving on a flat bed. I was going to arrive on one as I was not going to drive it up to keep it in pristine condidtion....

Seriously starting to look at other makes of car if shit does not start happening soon...

I am really liking this, probably much more trouble free too.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/177491.htm

fingers crossed for ya mate, and mmmmm that is well nice;)

I have just spoken to Dan and what a nice guy, he said my car was peaking at 1.5bar but at 7000rpm was at 1.2bar producing 505hp. He said this is a very safe and useable map and has advised I get the HKS inlet and exhaust cam for the VVTI in order to get more if I want to in the future. Looks like that will be a bit more work for Envy over the winter as I just want a bit of drive time at the moment.

Thank you to Dan I am looking forward to getting it back this weekend!

I have just spoken to Dan and what a nice guy, he said my car was peaking at 1.5bar but at 7000rpm was at 1.2bar producing 505hp. He said this is a very safe and useable map and has advised I get the HKS inlet and exhaust cam for the VVTI in order to get more if I want to in the future. Looks like that will be a bit more work for Envy over the winter as I just want a bit of drive time at the moment.

I dont understand that, perhaps I am the last one to ask !

Was it mapped to 1.5 bar or 1.2 bar

I have just spoken to Dan and what a nice guy, he said my car was peaking at 1.5bar but at 7000rpm was at 1.2bar producing 505hp.

So you got 505fwbhp @ 7000rpm @ 1.2 bar?

Why and when was it peaking at 1.5?

What was it supposed to be mapped to?

It was mapped to 1.5bar but not holding boost pressure through the revs and had dropped off to 1.2bar by 7000rpm where it was achieving 505hp. This is what I have been told by Dan and I know very little about mapping so when I get the graphs back I will post them up and you can all have a look. I just hope it drives well and I will be happy!

It was mapped to 1.5bar but not holding boost pressure through the revs and had dropped off to 1.2bar by 7000rpm where it was achieving 505hp. This is what I have been told by Dan and I know very little about mapping so when I get the graphs back I will post them up and you can all have a look. I just hope it drives well and I will be happy!

Thanks for the reply mate, and I wish you 100% success with the car I really do, but are you happy with this ' boost drop ', and did you get a reason why?

I would be asking what the cause was and getting it sorted, you have a built engine and 1.5 bar should be yielding much more power and torque, this is just the kind of thing I am talking about where the client and person paying plenty of money is the person left in the dark

I like you kslb have very little mapping knowledge so i rely on the tuner whoever they are to give me more advise not less, I hope you enjoy it all the same and it works out for you ;)

Sounds like you have a boost leak as you put on a decent kit with a proper wastegate if I'm not mistaken...either that or the wastegate isn't being controlled properly.

Hope it drives well, look forward to the dyno printouts :)

Terry S had a valcon kit for sale V CHEAP!! :)

The HKS Valcon Plus VCAM Pro kit or GReddy V-Manage may be worth considering.

I did consider it but want to see what it drives like befoere I commit to throwing more money at it!

Terry S had a valcon kit for sale V CHEAP!! :)

Terry has been in touch, thanks!