The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which one would u have ?? jap 6 speed or jap auto + money over for bpu's ??

satansbodyguard

as said above, the horror stories of auto boxes really are caused by driver error. I've never (touch wood) had a single issue with it. Most people just think with an auto you stick it in 'D' and leave it, which if you want a relaxing drive down the motorway is very true. If yuo test drive a car with an auto box, make sure you take the time to fully test the box with all the gears and also in manu mode, it can then be far more involving and fun to drive. The power really does just keep coming and coming.

Originally Posted by hiten55

go for the 6 speed mate, its cheaper to go bpu than it is for an auto to manual conversion - you can always save up or do the bpu one stage at a time.....

but the 6 speed's are more expensive than auto's so does this even out ???

but if you're going to convert to 6 speed just get one first eh ?

Don't buy an auto if you think you will want to convert it some day as this not cost effective. Auto's will generally out drag a manual, manuals can handle more power, however a bpu tt is well within the Auto's capabilities. My two penneth as to which to buy, i would'nt touch a manual unless i was buying a 911, however i do live in traffic ridden London. If you like the odd blast the odd race auto's great, if you think your schumacher get a manual.

Whichever is in the best condition

That is an excellent point as these cars get older and older it would very much come down to condition of the car. Im at the moment looking at upgrading my box either to a build auto or 6-speed convertion and TBH im leaning back towards the auto simply because of my requirements. It all depends on what the car is going to be for you i.e. daily drive for work, track car, drag car or weekend fun etc etc. I really do like the auto for just cruising about which TBH is most of what i do because of traffic condition thses days. All just IMO :) Good luck with your choice :)

, i would'nt touch a manual unless i was buying a 911, however i do live in traffic ridden London. If you like the odd blast the odd race auto's great, if you think your schumacher get a manual.

huh....

I have a 6sp Manual, daily driver in London (lived in docklands and drove through central every single day).....