The mkiv Supra Owners Club

super charging is it better than a big single?

twijesiri

I thought 440s from Mkiv's were not a direct replacement with the NA fuel rail? OK re 550s, thanks for the advice.

Well I had heard of mk3 guys chucking 440's straight in with no fuel computers for BPU++ fuelling so I assume that as you think mk3 injectors will fit an N/A that mk4 440's will. And if mk4 440's fit so will 550's. You just need a resistor pack as one is high impedance the other is low.

With 440's you may just get away with the stock ecu and a wideband to be honest.

So why do mk3 owners buy mk4 440s?

I don't know the answer to that one, maybe you can fit the fuel rail from a mkiii onto side fed ones from Mk4s. I have read that you cant do it the other way round, i.e. 440 side fed from mk4s in place of 330 NA top feds but maybe it works the other way. Don't know, just guessing, anyone?

So why do mk3 owners buy mk4 440s?

But on a good note the PHR boys are doing incredibly good top feed injector sales on 650's and above.

To be honest though how hard is it gonna be to source a set of 440,550's and a stock fuel rail around here??

Ah, I see you just added a bit after i sent my reply. I thought the same regarding plenty of 440s and fuel rails around, but I read somewhere that the fuel rail from MK4 turbos will not bolt up to a NA inlet manifold.

Ah, I see you just added a bit after i sent my reply. I thought the same regarding plenty of 440s and fuel rails around, but I read somewhere that the fuel rail from MK4 turbos will not bolt up to a NA inlet manifold.

Ah its probably me getting my wires crossed somewhere along the lines. Good luck with finishing this job.

The Soarer crowd use j-spec MkIV 440cc injectors as a direct drop-in injector upgrade, is that what you were thinking of?

-Ian

Yes maybe, I have read on the NA-T forum that as Nic says earlier in the thread, that the MK3 440s are a direct drop in upgrade to for the 330s in the mk4. So you are saying that the mk4 440s are also a direct replacement. I thought that the 440s from the Mk4 were side feed and could not be used with the NA fuel rail. Very confused now.

heres some pics of a s/c on a 2JZ GE engine (IS300)

http://www.lextasy.com/images_products/IS3_0011%5B1%5D.jpg

http://www.lextasy.com/images_products/IS3_000B%5B1%5D.jpg

http://www.lextasy.com/images_products/IS3_0010%5B1%5D.jpg

the company that does thes im not sure are around as the rewebsite has been down for some time (prolexpeformace) the kit shown is from luxury motorworks (LMS)