The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im gutted - had an accident this morning

Vicky

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There could of been diesel there :innocent:

Indeed there could.:)I'm sure you could smell a strange oily smell as you got out of the car, couldn't you?? That'll be the Diesel.;)

I've slid off bikes a couple of times on Diesel and you can smell it as you slide along the road. Another reasons to stop riding / sliding on the road.:blink:

PS it's a capital D as it's a name. As in Rudolf Diesel (the 'inventer').

Hope you get it sorted Vicky!!

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.......:( It's raining here and the roads are a bit slippery. Just changed my mind about going out in the Supe after reading this.......:rolleyes:

Mondeo......here we go!!

H.

Indeed there could.:)I'm sure you could smell a strange oily smell as you got out of the car, couldn't you?? That'll be the Diesel.;)

I've slid off bikes a couple of times on Diesel and you can smell it as you slide along the road. Another reasons to stop riding / sliding on the road.:blink:

Apologies, after re-reading my post it was a little insensitive. Hope the car's not too badly damaged and get fixed double quick

Sorry to see this Vicky. I went to turn right at one of those pathetic painted roundabouts once which was covered in Diesel. I went completely straight on, the car slid like it was on ice but luckily didn't hit anything. Even after regaining it and continuing on my journey, the Diesel on my tyres caused my to slide all over the place. I've also actually seen why Diesel commonly ends up in patches at turns and roundabouts. While on patrol once, I saw an artic negotiating a corner and he had left his filler cap off after filling up, the Diesel flew out all over the place like it was under pressure.

Good luck with it Vicky, you'll have it sorted before long, if them wheels can't be sourced anymore, your insurance will have to fork out for a new set to your liking ;) (every cloud and all that)

This isnt good, sorry to hear you had an accident..was just looking at your car pics last night actually! Must have been some sort of foreign substance on the ground to cause the slip at such low speeds so not ur fault.

If you need a hand with anything or your insurance company dont play ball ( i know, i work for 1!) then let me know and i will see if i can help! :)

Well done Sherlock (see what I did there?), not many people know that it seems.

Vicky, I do hope my ;) wasn't taken to heart and that you soon get your car back to A1. My wink was a reference to the fact that whenever an inexperienced Supra (I did it again) driver goes for a 'spin' then it is attributed to Diesel on the road.

I'm glad you are OK and hope the damage is easily sorted for you.

Lewis

Well done Sherlock (see what I did there?), not many people know that it seems.

Vicky, I do hope my ;) wasn't taken to heart and that you soon get your car back to A1. My wink was a reference to the fact that whenever an inexperienced Supra (I did it again) driver goes for a 'spin' then it is attributed to Diesel on the road.

I'm glad you are OK and hope the damage is easily sorted for you.

Lewis

Lemon entry my dear Watson.:D

Depends which joke you're quoting I reckon. The homo citrus fruit one or the one refering to the elements growing in a tree.:)

huh?

Phonetic alpha riddle search of online dictionaries using fuzzy logic....there was I thinking you may be a worth adversary :search:

Remember guys and gals - be careful! Ive been driving the same route to work for 2 years in supe and this has never happened, it only takes that split second :(

Oh no, this has happened to me before....I later found out that there was some spilt diesel on the road..... :(