The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP YET another Diff gone just 1 hour ago

lui

That will do for now mate, put one to side for me, if you can drop up TF great or ill come get it;)

Buzz me or Steve tomorrow mate, 07779 725350. Its already out i believe, so just call if you want to come pick it up. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a 6spd or Auto, guessing auto with all of what has been mentioned above. Maybe you should get a 6spd. A lot stronger all around!

:)

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The car is 6 speed, already broke two manual diffs, had to fit an auto diff this this as could not find a manual diff, got any?:)

bet the motorists you went hammering past had a snigger on the way past the breakdown:p

one of the quickest cars around sat on a flat bed again, you'll be spending more time on those things then the road soon...

Hope you get it sorted once and for all.

sorry to hear the bad news again, what about putting a TRD one in???

All these LSD units ONLY replace the diff centre section, they all use the original crown wheel and pinion, which is what I assume he is breaking. Adding an uprated centre section will only compound his failure rate if that's the case, as they will transmit more shock loading and torque through the CWP. A bigger CWP means a different diff casing = major work and expense.

Is it the crown wheel and pinion teeth failing? if so fitting something like a tightly set Cusco plate LSD in one will just make it more likely to fail. If it's got a none cushioned clutch they hammer the drivetrain. Could be something to do with the way you treat it, too :)

Yup, everytime its the crown wheel and pinion thats failed.

Looks like another jap show pass up for grabs if not fixed in time :(

Dont give my ticket away Lui, ill be there.

Jeff my personal recovery flatbed:D will be here in a min to take the car to TF, Greg has said he will try his best to get the car done in time:)

All these LSD units ONLY replace the diff centre section, they all use the original crown wheel and pinion, which is what I assume he is breaking. Adding an uprated centre section will only compound his failure rate if that's the case, as they will transmit more shock loading and torque through the CWP. A bigger CWP means a different diff casing = major work and expense.

Cheers for that :thumbs: now i know lol!

As you can tell i dont no much about diffs, but that looks pretty mangled.

Hope you get it sorted asap! :D