The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY bad news

Guest Gkhawk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should have a sticky 'get to know Michael thread'. :)

Although I believe the comments may be your thoughts Michael, it is all in the delivery. We are suppose to be a members club after all. Opnions are good and honesty is good in the right places, hey sometimes we need to hear the truth!

But maybe just maybe 'Sorry to hear that, not a fan of the abflug myself though'. would of been better here.

Also it does help of course if the person has known of you on the forum, I suspect the guy reads many of your posts.

As for instance I've got use to the little diggs here and there and generally I know your just passing time.

I don't understand how the guy hit you. You say the guy pulled out in front of you. From a side road, was it? If so, how come the impact seems to be on the offside front corner?

What part of his car hit yours? I'm confused.

thats all i'm saying, theres tactful ways around saying things. The guy has obviously chosen to ignore the comment that was made, and realisticly thats exactly what he probably should do. Maybe i'm just in a sh*tty mood, but if i'd just smashed up my car, the last thing i would want to read in an owners forum, is that it was basicly a crap car anyway. Yes honestly is good, to many people arent open about their opinions in this world and thats wrong, but there is a time and a place.

But, i'm sure i've also now brought crap to this thread, so apologies. Hope everything gets sorted for your car soon mate.

I don't understand how the guy hit you. You say the guy pulled out in front of you. From a side road, was it? If so, how come the impact seems to be on the offside front corner?

http://webinstituteforteachers.org/99/teams/searching/sherlock.gif

You people confuse me, when someone posts a picture of their new purchase it's considered acceptable for people to pass judgement on it, the same seems to be accepted with potential purchases, cars from other forums that have had money and love lavished on them, "wacky" Supras that aren't to your taste and so on... yet when I make a very tongue in cheek remark on a crash thread I'm suddenly on a par with satan.

Double standards anyone?

Yes perhaps my comments were a little insensitive under the circumstances but I typed what I thought, perhaps that's a failing of mine but that's who I am. Maybe I should try and become a generic member to please the other generic members?

I have a clear conscience, I do my bit for the club and it's members, I just don't surround my actions with flashing lights to gain the approval of other people.

If you don't like me or my posts use the facility to block my messages, I really don't mind.

Michael are you so negitive in real life? I don't know you in real life but im just wondering if you comment on everything you seen in person as i don't think iv seen you comment on anything in a positive way.

Us Yorkshire folk are just miserable bastards. :)

Michael are you so negitive in real life?

I'm probably worse to be honest, I regulate myself on here.

i don't think iv seen you comment on anything in a positive way.

It happens, probably more than you think, I can be quite animated / enthusiastic about some things. Anyway this isn't a thread to bash me it's one to give sympathy to the crashed Abflug and it's owner, feel free to PM if you want to continue.

Guest Gkhawk

Hi the other driving was coming down the road as i was going up it and he wanted to turn right into the side road that was on my left. So he was turning right over my lane at the last minute and i hit his car on the front passenger side and all he got was a broken headlight and a cracked bumper out of it.

Yes its genuine i got it from a custom parts shop in scotland who had it shipped over here. There werent any big gaps on the car before the crash.

Guest Gkhawk

Hey all does anyone know what will happen if they write my car off what will i get because it insured for 12,500 will i get that of jut get trade for it??

Hey all does anyone know what will happen if they write my car off what will i get because it insured for 12,500 will i get that of jut get trade for it??

When you got the policy, did you get a formal "agreed value" or did they simply ask you to provide a value of the car (as pretty much all companies do)?

If it was a formally agreed value you should get the full amount if the car is written off.

however, if this accident was not your fault, then you can demand your car repaired to it's previous condition, the other insurance company are required to do this unless it is unsafe to do so (Cat A or B).