The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Petrol smell

ellis

Lol nice. Good luck Ellis mate. Mine's not that bad at all, can only smell it after a hard run tbh and just thought it was 'normal'!

Hopefully a new strawberry air refreshener will cover up the smell :)

What you can't smell can't affect you right? ;)

Mate with your luck you'll turn into a 100 lepton fireball on the M1. People will think a bleedin' meteorite's just crashed. :)

Mine also smells a bit of petrol around the fuel filler, I can only smell it when the engines running and the car is stationary.

Its not really too strong and it just passed an MOT so I guess it cant be anything too bad. I hope !!

Yeah i get a smell of petrol too, normally around the fuel filler and usually when filling up, with petrol

Any ideas folks?

Ash its likely to be your FSE, they aint known for integrity ;)

As I guessed, but its always done it, never leaked any actual fluid though, just gives off a smell..........

But to your question I too smell petrol when filling up in a petrol station, should I be worried as well........:p

Nobber........ :D

Wouldnt you get a petrol smell around the charcoal cannister?

Well that is the sort of area that I get my aroma........sounds good to me, I'll put it down to that.........nothing to check really rob as someone has looked over it and no leaks no where as I said, maybe it is the cahrcol canister..........

So now I can just go back to worrying about that smell when Im at a petrol station......:D ......Afraid, Im shitting it......:p