The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Track Day - Sunday 2nd September 2007

heckler

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one the first day we had 2 TVR griffs break down, ironically the Cerbera and the 350c kept going, a few of the smaller cars, second day, several of the older cars (sprites etc) a supra (no names ;;) A porka 911 turbo (engine let go) A 306 emptied contents of gearbox on the floor. well, thats all I can remember for now.

Gutted I missed this.

I need more stories! any juicy scalps taken up that straight?? and who took the most cones out?

were the diy drifters out in force?

who seemed to have the best circuit time?

were all the sups run at the same time with something decently meaty to chase?

who drove home with the baldest tyres?

the last Marham I did was the best trackday ever.

the last Marham I did was the best trackday ever.

It was like that again.

There was a days of thunder moment as one was spinning generating smoke the other came through the smoke, there are also stories of supras doing 360s in the rear view mirror :innocent:

As for bald tires by the end of it i think the 3 of us were only just legal, infact one was completly shot.

Following JohnD round while he is going sideways through most corners is very entertaining :thumbs: a couple of 360s for the crowds pleasure was well received too.

Hey guys, just wanted to say both Liz and I had a great time despite the bolt putting an early end to our fun.

Was good to meet so many new faces too. Watching some of those singles in action was a sight to behold, especially down the back straight/runway. Heard lots of people commenting on how quick they were :)

Big thanks to Wez too for giving me a ride in his car.. a really well sorted car with more than enough power to have a blast - I was well impressed :)

We have some pics and movies coming soon, watch this space! :cool:

Great day very well organised, Adam had a couple of laps glued to the back of a Ferrari 599 GTB. He thought that he had enough power to pass the Ferrari towords the end of the long straight but did not risk it at around 190 with a bend coming up fast.

Would not want to take a £180,000 car off the track.

Also found that our car can only do about five laps before it over heats, we need to do some ducting work to feed cool air to the rad. Look forawrd to having another go next year.

He thought that he had enough power to pass the Ferrari towords the end of the long straight but did not risk it at around 190 with a bend coming up fast.

:D

It's hard to judge the brake point when pulling down from 170+ to a second gear corner. Especially as if you leave it late you are still braking through that first corner... It's the kind of brake point you dont dare leave too late or everything catches fire!:innocent:

My goodyears were just about molten after a few laps of late stops..

I really missed this day.. still gutted... one of the privaledges of owning a supra imho...