The mkiv Supra Owners Club

REALLY P****d now.

terribleturner

When you put the engine back together , did you weld the crank timing star behind the crank dampener ??.. sound like there is mo crank single thats why its not firing , else the other option you not getting any oil in the engine and now its seized ??...i hope its not this.

I don't know to be honest Michel, but don't recall anything like hat being done.

Really sorry to hear of your problems. I hope it is a small problem.

Was your engine build a diy job, or did someone else do the work? I hope it is the latter, then at least you may get it rebuilt at their expense.

No i wouldn't know where to begin rebuilding the engine. But i guess it really depends on why i have a problem. :(

JUST had a thought. The oil feed to the turbo is a banjo fitting. So if the bolt wasn't turned right then the oil getting through would have been very little/none. But surley the oil feeds round the engine even without the turbo feed?

Banjo bolt position don't matter mate. Designed for correct flow whatever position.

Hope this turns out to be some thing simple bud, really do.

Thats what was worrying me, that starter sounds very strained.:(

Im of the same opinion, it should go 'chug chug' as it turns the engine over, but by the sounds of it, its not actually able to move the engine:( , either that or as pistonbroke says, youve lost compression. Thats just my opinion, im not usually right so dont worry ;)

it sounds to me like its just the starter not engaging properly.

i would check the oil filter to be on the safe side then try rocking the car in gear to get some movement in the gear box and turn it over.

i had that problem before on a different car but the sound is the same.

it seems like the starter is spinning but the soleniod is sticking and not pushing the cog forward to engage the engine but thats just my opinion

Yeah tried a bump Doug but it doesn't want to know.

Gotta say the car i think looks gorgeous, and when she works drives beautiful. But i can't take it anymore and if it's another engine rebuild i don't have the money to fix her. If it was something like the alternator or starter i'd be fine, but my luck tell's me there's no way it's going to be that simple.

I think its the timing star for the crankshaft personnally sounds just like mine when it went. should not cost you that much to do , its more of time then parts. chin up james , get someone to look at it first before you make your mind up on getting rid of it . The amount of times small silly things happen to mine , i was ready to say my TVR was more reliable !!!! but then i came to my senses......