The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why did you buy your supra??

Guest steviejay01

Originally posted by Jake

I love Supras but if the Supra was only available in Aerotop there's no way I would buy one.

now come on Jake, you don't have to ever take the roof off you know! i can't seriously believe you'd miss out on all the sup offers just because someone might see that you 'could' actually take the roof out at some point and therefore assume you are a chest wig and medallion wearing attention seeker :D !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Supra is a Supra in my book :)

Auto or Manual

Aero or Fixed

NA or Turbo

I can think of good and bad issues for all of the above so it doens't bother me which type, as long as it says "Supra" on the back.

I was looking to buy a FTO when i discovered the Soop.

The FTO was fine, but I knew in the first second of seeing my new car which I was going to buy. :thumbs:

Originally posted by dangerous brain

As far as I was aware when I was looking at buying, the top spec RX7 was faster to 60, handled better in the corners, and braked better as standard than the supra did.

Nope, the fastest RX-7 is 5.1 to 60 IIRC, as opposed to 4.9 for the Supe of course. I used to have a video clip from Best Motoring of a battle round Tsukuba circuit between a standard Supra, RX-7, and various others. The Supra won, the RX was some way behind IIRC. Can't find the clip now.

Remember the RX and the GTO came out before the Supra, and Toyota felt they had to respond by making sure the Supra was faster.

Like I said, I do love the look of them, but they're not technically superior.

Originally posted by Scooter

now come on Jake, you don't have to ever take the roof off you know! i can't seriously believe you'd miss out on all the sup offers just because someone might see that you 'could' actually take the roof out at some point and therefore assume you are a chest wig and medallion wearing attention seeker :D !

Yeah good point. I might have overstated my anti-aerotop case last night. I don't hate them really, I tend to overreact to folks that seem to think everyone wants a Aerotop/UK spec (delete as appropriate)

My apologies to all the luxobarge owners. :D