The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project dude continues , dudes new wheels

dude

Originally posted by Willson

Okay cool, thanks.

I still love that look. See it a lot on the yank supras. The 9 sec drag videos etc.

Tough as hell. :flame Dev

You could fit a BFG Drag radial in a 15" or something like a Hoosier quicktime and use it on the road fine , it wouldnt do corners too well but for a bit of Sat nite action it'd be fine .

Dude:flame Dev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dude

You could fit a BFG Drag radial in a 15" or something like a Hoosier quicktime and use it on the road fine , it wouldnt do corners too well but for a bit of Sat nite action it'd be fine .

Tyres really don't come into the sat night action I go for. She might not be impressed if I dump a tyre on the bed. Who knows?!?

How much is the additional rolling radius going to affect your time? Obviously you are going to need a hell of a more torque to spin them babies up over stock radius and with more grip its gonna give that drive train a hell of a job to keep up isn't it?? Uprated Diff and transmission next on the cards or are you allready there with that?

Originally posted by Jake

They enable John to push the car about inside his workshop. (Sideways, spin the car round in it's own length, etc)

are they called Corvette:innocent:

Originally posted by migster

Corvette's have a rep for being a bit tail happy and spinning Jake hence the link with Dude s new rollers mate:thumbs:

The rollers are also a safety issue to stop people putting their hands under the wheels to try to flatten them out (thats the trouble with being in a spanking club!!!) ;)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

How much is the additional rolling radius going to affect your time? Obviously you are going to need a hell of a more torque to spin them babies up over stock radius and with more grip its gonna give that drive train a hell of a job to keep up isn't it?? Uprated Diff and transmission next on the cards or are you allready there with that?

And my question?? lol

Originally posted by dangerous brain

And my question?? lol

Trans is allready uprated dude , diff !!! i have a spare ;)

Re the times , in theory no diff maybe slightly less terminal speed, the car has enough power(400rwhp) to turn the larger wheel just as fast so each turn will throw the car forward further !!! + i wont need to change into O/D to avoid the limiter and with the added traction i can now use the Nitrous off the line , the 60ft times with these should be 1.6/5 as opposed to 2.2 when it ran its 10.8 , do the math ;) ++++ hopefully i wont have to feather the throttle for the final 75 mtrs as in the same run :cool: