The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo rebuild

JamieP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there should not be any real lag with this one ?

The stage 3 is a big turbo so there will be considerbly more lag than something like the 4088, not only that but the peak torque will happen later in the rev range, therefore, in general, be a slower car at 'street' speeds.

However, Jamie's going for a 3.4 stroker at some point which should in theory help improve the mid range spool and torque (more air flowing over the exducer).

I for one am very interested in the results, either way.

He's got a little collection coming on, he'll soon be having switchable maps for different turbos.

Hmmm, what shall I bolt on today :confused: :D

You can almost imagine Jamie on MTV Cribs.

"This is my bedroom, through here is my dressing room and this room is where I keep my turbos." :blink:

o right i got a stage 2 dbb im in the middle of fitting , which i thought would be lag free so to speak ? or am i going to be seeing a lot of lag with this?

PHR stage 2 with dbb? Not sure if they have variable AR's like the GT4088's, but if the exhaust is something like a 0.68 it should be a very streetable turbo. Though mine isn't mapped, it's got great response in 3rd and above, far more torque low down than the stocker, high end is somthing else :D

Wouldn't like one on an auto though.

UK-Rich runs the PHR Stage 2 Plus kit and by god, it goes some! :)

Good to hear it was nothing engine related Jamie. I heardstrange rumours mate and didn't believe so. ;)

I did think id f**ked the engine but turned out to be flywheel come lose with broken bolts.

Good mate, well not good, but yswim! ;)

So, when you all back and running then? Do you have any news on my car mate as I was trying to get hold of Greg and Co for an update about 5 times today and no answer! I'm shitting myself. :(

Good mate, well not good, but yswim! ;)

So, when you all back and running then? Do you have any news on my car mate I was tring to get hold of Greg and Co 5 times today and no answer! I'm shitting myself. :(

Mine is home now, tucked up in garage bud;) yea i see yours today about lunch time and it looked almost done, Rob was just putting the pipework back on, id say its probs done now:)

Mine is home now, tucked up in garage bud;) yea i see yours today about lunch time and it looked almost done, Rob was just putting the pipework back on, id say its probs done now:)

Fingers crossed mate. I've been waiting for that dreaded call to say it's the rings. :scare: Hopefully it is JUST the VSOS.

Cheers Jamie. ;)

Doesn't anti-lag also seriously shorten the life of the valves?

Earlier on someone said it wasn't antilag, but AEM 2step that Jamie's been using.

Having looked this up it seems it's just a lauch control system (similar to RLTC lauch), but I've never heard any lauch control system make the bang-bang-bang sound like Jamie's did. It sounded exactly like antilag to me. Would like to know more about this as the launch system is one of the main reasons I'm saving for an AEM.

Earlier on someone said it wasn't antilag, but AEM 2step that Jamie's been using.

Having looked this up it seems it's just a lauch control system (similar to RLTC lauch), but I've never heard any lauch control system make the bang-bang-bang sound like Jamie's did. It sounded exactly like antilag to me. Would like to know more about this as the launch system is one of the main reasons I'm saving for an AEM.

Daryl, i think Dan calls what i have the 2 step rev limit, he can do the launch control so it builds boost with or without the bangs, depends what the customer wants;)