The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crower 3.4 stroker kit?

JamieP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind you shouldn't need or want to rev a 3.4 stroker very high anyway. A 4088 on a 3.4 with 264 cams should make an awesome street engine, with a decent management system.

I agree, a 3.4 with a T67DBB would make the best street Supra setup IMO...or maybe I'd try to get away with the T71DBB ;) :D

What's the part throttle response & engine pick up like on the 3.4 kit vs stock and vs Jamie's current build? Wouldn't Jamie's spin up faster than the 3.4 stroker, getting into it's stride quicker, offsetting the 3.4's torque advantage?

Digsy, can you work out the kenetics of Jamie's engine as it stands now vs stock and vs the strokers, as this was missed earlier.

What's the part throttle response & engine pick up like on the 3.4 kit vs stock and vs Jamie's current build? Wouldn't Jamie's spin up faster than the 3.4 stroker, getting into it's stride quicker, offsetting the 3.4's torque advantage?

Digsy, can you work out the kenetics of Jamie's engine as it stands now vs stock and vs the strokers, as this was missed earlier.

I think you're forgetting that these kits feature lighter parts and that the turbo is spooled by the exhaust pulses. If you've got 400cc extra exhaust gas hitting the turbo, it will spin up faster and the the 3.4 itself has a lot less weight and will rotate easier.

So in short, the 3.4 would absolutely trounce the 3L in all areas with the same turbo.

I think you're forgetting that these kits feature lighter parts and that the turbo is spooled by the exhaust pulses. If you've got 400cc extra exhaust gas hitting the turbo, it will spin up faster and the the 3.4 itself has a lot less weight and will rotate easier.

So in short, the 3.4 would absolutely trounce the 3L in all areas with the same turbo.

That's vs stock, but Jamie already has lighter pistons and rods, which was the angle I was getting at :)

If you tell me Jamie's current piston and rod masses, and rev limit then yes. :)

...or an educated guess, anyway.

That's vs stock, but Jamie already has lighter pistons and rods, which was the angle I was getting at :)

Sorry Dude I understand now....but the reciprocating mass won't change the spool....

But it will be interesting to see what the stock sized reduced mass engine could be capable of.

Digsy, I think he's running the CP's and Carillo's so again he'd be 3/5's the weight...or maybe 7/10's.

Ok, using 3/5 again that's way on down at 14.5kN @ 7000

You don't hit 24kN until 9000 :)

I'd prefer some more acurate figures for the masses before he goes off and does that, though ;)

Fairly sure he's got an 8000rpm limit.

He did weigh the rods and pistons, can't find the thread at the moment though.