The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suprapod weekend

gaz1

That's only two tanks of fuel. Id say it was worth at least that for the fun it would be! As I was saying with USC, it's £85 for the weekend if you pay on the gate to do 3 runs each day.

Some of us runs our Supras on a budget, and I for one only fill up every 2-3 weeks or so, let alone twice in one weekend! ;)

Whilst the idea of having two solid days of running at Pod is fantastic, the cost per day would rule a lot of people out. I think the other thread on suggestions for next year covered a lot of ground on what people would like to see in the future. Obviously if I suddenly get an unexpected 100% pay-rise I'll sign up for a full weekend straight away :D

How much is something like the Bookatrack at Silverstone? Sounds like fun!

As cheesy as this may sound, how about adding some excitement to the next supra pod event...

Something along the lines of the tv show 'Pinks'.. go head to head with some allowances for car differences and best 3 out of 5. could provide for some very interesting entertainment...Obviously not for V5's.... but I'm sure some sideline wagers could be placed..

I am currently in discussion with Pod and Bookatrack about a weekend of fun.

The Saturday would be a day at Pod, same as this year. Then camping at Billing (or hotel at billing for the posh people out there) and then Sunday would be a track day at Silverstone or Rockingham where those who want to track their car can, and those who dont can spectate and be passengers.

Does that sound like a plan folks?

JB

I think it has to be one or the other. I think you're taking on too much too soon, the Pod event will be popular but I cant see masses turning up for a track day. Its bad enough convincing people to drive in a straight line let alone around track.

Dont get me wrong, it sounds great.

I think it has to be one or the other. I think you're taking on too much too soon, the Pod event will be popular but I cant see masses turning up for a track day. Its bad enough convincing people to drive in a straight line let alone around track.

Dont get me wrong, it sounds great.

hence the spectator bit of the Sunday. Im sure they would be happy to watch a few supras go round a track and get a passenger ride or two.

Maybe we just step it back to 1 day at Pod next year if the track day bit isnt a go-er.

JB