The mkiv Supra Owners Club

internals for Nos

couv3z

nos is awesome on tt, it cost me about £32 to fill up my 11lb bottle, which when running at lets say 50 bhp will prob last about 4 mins, 60 bhp is about 3-4 mins.

as far as installations go for nos systems the tt is a bit of nightmare to install time wise, so it can get abit pricey on the labour costs if your not careful where u take it.

You should pay about £500-£600 for a wet injection system, but it all varies on different products, and your tank size.

i would highly advise to remove the cats though, otherwise they will after a while just fall to bits, the nos system on my audi a6 blew cat chunks all over the m5 on the way to cornwall, but i was running about 120bhp...........lol

i would advise nos to anyone for a giggle, just dont go getting silly with the horses, a 60bhp boost gives most passengers slightly wet underpants!

nos is awesome on tt, it cost me about £32 to fill up my 11lb bottle, which when running at lets say 50 bhp will prob last about 4 mins, 60 bhp is about 3-4 mins.

as far as installations go for nos systems the tt is a bit of nightmare to install time wise, so it can get abit pricey on the labour costs if your not careful where u take it.

You should pay about £500-£600 for a wet injection system, but it all varies on different products, and your tank size.

i would highly advise to remove the cats though, otherwise they will after a while just fall to bits, the nos system on my audi a6 blew cat chunks all over the m5 on the way to cornwall, but i was running about 120bhp...........lol

i would advise nos to anyone for a giggle, just dont go getting silly with the horses, a 60bhp boost gives most passengers slightly wet underpants!

nice reply cheers! where abouts does the injection go in in relation to the throttle body? and what sensors are needed. as it says it will only run at full throttle. so is there a sensor on the throttle body, or is the original tps used somehow

nice reply cheers! where abouts does the injection go in in relation to the throttle body? and what sensors are needed. as it says it will only run at full throttle. so is there a sensor on the throttle body, or is the original tps used somehow

oops i was supposed to reply that. logged onto my flat mates account:)

i will just point u out a few very important things before i carry on.......lol

is it an auto? does it have traction control?

if it is a manual with out traction control u are as safe as u can be with nos :rolleyes:

if u have an auto and T/C its potentially lethal with a basic wet kit if you don't know what your doing, the sensor u get with most basic wet kits works from your accelerator pedal, when the nos is turned on via a Manuel switch inside the car some where and your foot is to the floor the nos injects and jobs a good un!

how ever if u had the nos turned on and floored it with the traction control still on, u would probably detonate the engine with a large bang with parts of inlet manifold all over your missuz's knickers!......which is not good.

if u do have traction control it must 'ALWAYS' be switched off when using nos.

secondly if it is an auto there is also similar problems with a basic wet kit setup, i would never use nos unless i was in manu mode!

if u were in normal drive mode and it didn't quite kick down right lets say, with the nos on u could again go bang!

atleast in manu mode u are changing gear yourself and its not kicking up or down with out u doing it, which is the safest way to do it with the nos on!

injector wise i know your car is a N/A so its slightly diff to the way a tt is setup, my injector is on top of my intercooler pipe just before it enters the induction side of things, but with yours it will be fitted on the induction pipe or inlet manifold some where, im not really clued up with N/A supras sorry:imsorry:

i do know one thing though, when u do get your kit fitted u will be over the moon with the performance......but it will lead on to bigger and more stupid things to come, u will get the bug for speed and will want the effects of nos all the time, so do be aware of the nos bug.........lol

Matthew, I'm curious about this.

How long have you had the NOS installed and how many fills have you done so far?

Did you make any other modification with regard to the fuel pump, injectors, water/meth injection, ECU control, etc? Also what gauges/controls do you have installed to ensure it's not detting?

From what I've read here No2 on a decatted TT without supporting mods is a time bomb.

:D

Matthew, I'm curious about this.

How long have you had the NOS installed and how many fills have you done so far?

Did you make any other modification with regard to the fuel pump, injectors, water/meth injection, ECU control, etc? Also what gauges/controls do you have installed to ensure it's not detting?

From what I've read here No2 on a decatted TT without supporting mods is a time bomb.

hey homer,

the advise/info i have given is very basic and general advise on nos systems, its just common sense really in regards to using it with any car with traction control or any other sensors which limit the cars performance, whilst switched on.

ive had nos on 3 diff cars with no problems so far with a basic wet kit installed, even if u do get a controller which then allows u to control when and where u boost the nos, u still have the exact same problems as i have described in the previous post in regards to T/C and auto gearboxes, the benefits of a controller would allow u to boost nos at certain times in the rev range, with a tt it would be perfect before the tubbies kick in, or any where u may have lag on acceleration, u could also kill the nos at lets say 6000rpm so its not boosting in there when the rev limiter kicks in.

all the systems i have had running at about 40-60bhp, just boosted through the whole rev range, and even when it has blipped the rev limiter, all ive ever had is the odd blue flame out the back between gearchanges.

however if u were ever boosting massive amounts like 100-200bhp u would never just use a basic wet system, u hear about people blowing up their engines with nos but its always with massive amounts of boost and usually a Vauxhall.....lol

they say u should only ever boost upto a max of 15-20% of the original manufactures bhp of the engine, so a safe amount for a car with a 300bhp engine in would be 60bhp boost.

in regards to my car i have nothing fancy im afraid, i upgraded to a uk spec fuel pump when i went BPU, i have 3.5" straight through exhaust system with a 50.5mm RR fitted in decat section 2, colder plugs and have boost, oil pressure and fuel mix gauges, my tubbies boost to just under 1.2 bar from the BPU....its as basic as u get mate!

as i said in my last post, refill wise with a 50-60 bhp injector u will prob get 4mins of boost with an 11lb tank.

my supra is a sec car to me, and i only use it when i go out to play, i dont use nos much with the tt, its one of the reasons i imported it years ago, its fast enough.

its the only car ive ever owned which still managers to put a smile on my face everytime i go out in it....the nos is an extra bonus for when ever u need it but i rarely use it, because most cars on the road dont even keep up with tt supras anyways :D

with it being a manuel n/a i would just get a basic wet kit running about 30-40 bhp max, with an 11lb bottle.

it should cost u about £600 tops, i spoke to my mate who said the n/a are loads easier to install than the tt.

also mate with the amount of boost u would be running, and it not being a tt i would save your money on a controller unit its just not worth it, but if u wanted one u could pick one up for well under £300 or look on ebay.

I have sworn i have read the n/a with a control with out any engine mods could take at least 75-100bhp shots? I have a n/a auto and was thinking of nos so this has been an interesting read :)

:yeahthat:

I don't know why people are bothering if they're only going to go with 30-40 jets.