The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragon Tattoo

Stonkin

Guest GirlRacer!

WOW!!!!! That looks amazing! It's gunna look fantastic when it's all done! (make sure you post a pic) :D

You must have such a high pain threshhold! I've been on and off about maybe getting a small one somewhere, on my hip or something, but one that big must be seriously painful!

Glad you're chuffed with it, hope the shading doesn't hurt when you go back :)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally yes Jake. I took a deisgn in with me about the size of an a4 piece of paper. But the copy i had was very fuzzy as it was a picture i took on an old phone of a very large painting. We discussed it all first, she loved the picture, but said it was a huge waste to have it done so small as it will get lost in my back and just wouldnt fit properly. The wings followed no lines of my back and it just looked out of place. So she basicly copied the picture free hand on my back but making changes along the way hence it taking quite a while

Interesting, thanks.

I'd be very interested to see it when you've had some shading done. Keeps us posted eh?

I've often wondered why they make the outline so much stronger than the shading. Wouldn't it look better if it was all the same intensity rather than darker at the edges?

she knew i wanted it with grey shading, and i thought the outline would be dark grey. but she said you have to give it a bold outline to give it a striking effect or the picture will appear to have no 'hard' edges

will keep you all posted, more pics in a week and a half :)

• 2 weeks later...

Morning people, bit of an update after another 3 1/2 hours yesterday. I cant believe how much the shading hurt compared to the outline, i have to say i was shattered after. I thought it was supposed to be easier? This is gona take so much longer than i thought, but it will be worth it. Back again a week tuesday.

She finished the outline on the head and has done most of one wing. Anywhere that is red is actually grey, just needs a couple of days to settle down.

yeah good advice mate. I was told i could use vaseline for the outline which i did but never to put that on the shading as it will dull it.

I was then told to use preperation H, the oitment not the gel, but i can only find the gel, so i got a little tub of something from the tattooist yesterday called Phat Tat, the ingredients alone is quite a long list.

I'm dreading the itching starting again!

big tattoo for your 1st.looks good black &grey with frosted shading will look great.i got 1 sleeve &a half.i sat for 4 hours when i had a koi done,know how it feels.look forward to seeing the end result.

very big for first yes, this will be my only 1 though so i want to do it properly :) Colours need to settle down a bit, everyone i've showed has said, so you went for red shading then?, er no, not exactly. lol

I think that looks awesome and I know how much that woulda hurt from having mine on my back as you can see from my pic..lol

Spray Savlon is the best..keep spraying and no picking..

Top work fella..

your back does look very nice, i must say. lovely tat to ;)

as i said mate it works for me,my wife has a couple & she used baby oil when the itching got to much.

might have to give the savlon spray a try then. At the mo it just hurts but in the next couple of days the itching will be back again. I almost took a fork to it last time :eek: