The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First clean of the year.

SUPRALOOPY

Very nice finish mate!

Could you tell me what this 3m is and what do you need/how do you mop your car?

I have been looking at getting this done to mine,to remove all the fine swirl marks, but detailers seem to charge allot to do the whole car! do you need an orbital buffer or can it be done by hand?

cheers for any info!

This can all be done by yourself..look up 3m products on a good motor factors website. orbital polishers are good but rotary are better, but harder to use..just remember with a rotary edges and corners are your enemy. always come off an edge and corner and slow the mop down as well as keeping it moist with water. farecla is also a very good finishing make. g6 is your mate. the higher the number the coarser the cut.

Hope this helps.

Dave:)

Cheers great info there!

sounds like it might be worth getting it done by someone who knows what their doing!

would be gutted if i messed it up! expensive too!!

Do you know whats the best by hand to get rid of fine swirl marks?

ive tried meguires scratch X, was a Real PIG to remove and did'nt do that good a job!

Also been looking at the Zymöl Titanium Glaze, now do you think or know if i will see much of a difference compared to my meguaires nxt tech polish?

thanks again..

Cheers great info there!

sounds like it might be worth getting it done by someone who knows what their doing!

would be gutted if i messed it up! expensive too!!

Do you know whats the best by hand to get rid of fine swirl marks?

ive tried meguires scratch X, was a Real PIG to remove and did'nt do that good a job!

Also been looking at the Zymöl Titanium Glaze, now do you think or know if i will see much of a difference compared to my meguaires nxt tech polish?

thanks again..

To remove the swirl marks you'll need a good masking agent I:E 3m finesset/farecla glaze..etc can be used by hand but VERY hard work although worth the effort. After that you should see a difference, then use a high quality wax or your maguires should be fine. You can try using tcut colour magic for a couple waxes to mask the swirls. then go back to using your normal wax.

hope this helps

Dave:)