N/A Vs Scooby

chilly

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both a 1997 turbo 2000 (equivilent of the newage wrx) and an N/A aerotop supra (for sale) I have to say the impreza is a world ahead in handling and quciker from 0-70 because of the 4WD but over 70 the supra would pull ahead of the scooby - to me, the impreza is much more fun but the supra looks the nuts :D

Guest Phillw454

I always found scooby's quite slow after 40ish mph, never really had a prob with them, even in my old golf turbo.

Usually cause the drivers are just 21 year old chavs that limit the car in every car gear before they realise they need to change up.

Of course that cant be said for all of them:)

I'm sorry, but the guy must have had driver issues or the roads must have been touge-like for him to not overtake,

the wrx is lighter, more powerful and 4wheel drive, if he was stock the only way you would beat him is after the 120 mark, and even at that, he'd be pretty far in front by that time anyways, so you'd be playing catch up

There is a post on you tube with a race between a tt and and n/a, np contest I'm afraid

I'm sorry, but the guy must have had driver issues or the roads must have been touge-like for him to not overtake,

the wrx is lighter, more powerful and 4wheel drive, if he was stock the only way you would beat him is after the 120 mark, and even at that, he'd be pretty far in front by that time anyways, so you'd be playing catch up

There is a post on you tube with a race between a tt and and n/a, np contest I'm afraid

cant believe that this was not brought earlier.

A wrx is around 220bhp standard, a na supra is about the same. The wrx is quite a bit lighter, up to about 80 mph maybe even a 100, the wrx should have it, especially around tight twisty bends. the sheer amount of grip and acceleration coming out of a corner is awesome.

Of course the Scooby will 'feel' quicker, the 4WD delivers the power completly different then RWD ...

Ive had a white STi :blink: ... classic, not sure on power as i never had it dyno'd, As everything, the car is only as good as the driver. Id say the Impreza would win in wet, corners slightly against a Supra driver, only because he is thinking which tree will end his night for him, whilst the guy in the subaru is textin his mates with one hand, and drinking redbull with the other. But after 90mph the supra would be gaining very fast!

Blatently my Supra TT doesnt 'feel' as quick because A) its better built and at silly speeds doesnt take a gust of wind to change between all 3 lanes... and B) again 4wd

My 2p.

Guest Phillw454

It should of been faster around bends, and if a good driver is behind the wheel which he VERY often isnt then itl be quicker to 60 in theory, but in practice i have never seen a fast scooby, or seen one in a straightish line that has left me for dead.

I had my arse handed to me by a WRX a while back (really wasn't expecting a propper race) but since then have beaten two WRXs in a straight line...

A lot of it is def down to the driver but as long as I'm sharpish on the pedal I can just about keep up with the WRX and then post 60/70 the NA just keeps accelerating past it :)