The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless steel dials possible group buy...

Konrad

So to clarify (sorry to be a noob!)... I think you're saying the needle position is identical on the uk and j-spec speedos and if I replace the 320km dial with a 180mph one (and remove the conversion) it'll read correctly?

Yes - as you can see, position of 180 mph and 180 km/h is in exactly same place. It will read correctly :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just got test set. All came kinda dull and with small scratches from laser/handling, but there is nothing 2500 sanding paper and Autosol applied with Porter cable cannot correct :D This is how those beauties look now, one of pics shows original state and after polishing. I will try to fit them today or tommorow into car. What you think about those then?

Of course all sets ordered will be sanded and polished by me before sending them to you people. It is cr*p job to do, but since I offered this, I will do this ;) Enjoy. Sorry for pics quality, bloody phones :(

PS. Background colour - I will order few gel sheets from ebay or Staples and put them onto back of dials. When group buy will be on in trade section, please state what background colour you will want. I will get few most popular one (blue, red, green, white).

all.jpg

all1.jpg

compare.jpg

rpmauto.jpg

rpmauto1.jpg

rpmmanual.jpg

rpmmanual1.jpg

speedo.jpg

speedo1.jpg

temp.jpg

temp1.jpg

I will get gel sheets tommorow if possible from Staples. Yes, red gel will be under 7-8k revs. Price will be 36 pounds per set most likely - set costs 35 pounds and I will charge 1 pound for Autosol and gel sheets. I will start getting orders tommorow, when I will check fit of those dials in my car with gel sheets putted in. I forgot to mention - square in place of warning triangle and in place of main beam lights will be replaced by proper symbols of triangle with ! and main beam symbol. I got this set with squares, because I will put triangle and light symbol from original dials :)

got gel sheet, Lee one, but seems that slate blue is too delicate and give whitey background when used with normal background lights. I will try to put double layer to see if it gives any effect, if not, I will order medium blue gel sheets.

For today, 2 pictures:

1. Dials installed - fitting was superb, didn't encounter any problems, used needle stoppers from original clocks, as those metal ones have small hole made for it.

2. Dials in my car - dashboard is in pieces on this pic, plastic cover is taken off, because I was correcting needle position. Unfortunatelly 2 of my bulbs not working at the moment - one behind mph dial and one behind temperature gauge, but you have idea, how it will look :p I quite like whitey background, soon converting my speedo to blue led's, so I do not mind. I promise to find solution to get blue colour tho ;) If you like to choose colour by yourself, be my guest - I will send you dials with red background only and you can make your own background colour. For now I have slate blue only as a choice :p

dialsinst.jpg

dialslight.jpg

1. Mike M ------- Blue background/Red Rev limit. (manual)

2. Supraloopy-----Blue background/Red Rev limit.

3. ToyRob--------Blue Background/Red Rev Limit.

4. Keron----------Blue Background//Red Rev Limit (manual)

5. Pete_TT-------Blue Background/Red Rev Limit (manual)