The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OMG my Supra

China Man

lol, I am still awake thiniking about what to do next.

Write off = buy new one

claim insurance = try to fit better stuff, uk lights, bumpers

I might check in to A/E tomorrow and have my head/neck checked that will stop my gf nagging me about it, doing my head in :baa:

China

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG... Im so sorry to read this China.

I really hope that you get sorted back asap, really sickens me reading threads like this. I cant imagine how you feel.

The fact you say she went at 30mph worries me too, as I pick my supe up in a fortnight and am already very wary of how this "new car" will feel and control etc.

Really hope that your okay and get cleared in A&E, and back on the road sooner rather than later mate.

So sorry to read this... :(

P.

Shit mate really sorry to see your mota like that. I know pretty much how you feel, devastated.

That airbag scares ya dunnit :) and the smoke stinks. Like someone chucking a grenade through your window.

Could have been worse, could have hit a bus head on!

You'll get her back fixed up though mate I'm sure.

Hang in there mate it gets better as the days pass.:hug:

Woh, that looks like a reasonable ammount of damage, sorry to hear about the crash!!!!

But...

if your insurance company want to write the car off it might be worth asking how much it'll be to buy it back - if they'll let you,

then you can use the rest of the insurance pay off to restore the car, with lots of aftermarket nice bits!!! :thumbs:

when i crashed mine i got £15K write off pay off, bought the car back for £4K then had 11K left to fix about 2-3K worth of damage, so it all worked out very nicely!!! :D

As long as no ones hurt and you havent had any interest from any nasty road police then its not the end of the world!!!

Sorry to see the pics and hear about this dude:confused: I does look quite extensive though and if one of those supports are bent it will need 'jigging'. That will put the labour charge up and they could well write it off.

The main thing is that you are okay, and one way or the other you will get it sorted. Hope it doesn't take too long for ya:cool:

That smash is rough, makes me shake thinking about it. And you only just got the car!!! You must be gutted!!! Such a shame I am so sorry. I only got mine 2 months ago and I would freak out if I so much as got a scratch. :eek:

It does need a lot of respect, all that power and RWD etc. I reckon it will take about a year for me to get the hang of it, and even then there will always be something new to learn.

I hope you get back on track soon mate. :thumbs:

to this in a space of 23 seconds sitting on the motorway doing normal speeds in a straight line,its the nature of the beast.if its any consolation the pain does get better,get yourself back into as supe asap and the pain will go away.

:thumbs:

1[1].jpg

Well, sorry to hear that mate ..

If there is anything i ´ve learned with supras when i had my MK3 in 1990 is not to drive it like a normal car around corners without Rltc or in the wet etc.. in fact u need both hands on the S/wheel mate at most times ..

The thing moves so fast n´with the weight they can beat u way b4 u react n´ like FAR said, u ´ll be left wondering what the hell did just happened ?

All that damage is repairable, dont worry too much .. at least u r not hurt .. money comes n´goes mate ..cheer up DREAD. :thumbs:

She ´ll be beautifull again u ´ll see

;)

Just off the phone with the garage and looks like a write off for me, now I am waiting for a phone call from elephant.

bought the car for 8k only last month and insured for that price and the repair work will cost a lot as I was told. 2k air bag and the front is twisted.

The accident haven't put me of from getting another supra but it does have an impact on my wallet :p

I don't think I will have problem finding another Supra TT but I will have problem finding insurace at a reasonable price.

I am 26 years with 0 NCB living in East london...... doesn't look good does it?

China

Originally posted by China Man

Just off the phone with the garage and looks like a write off for me, now I am waiting for a phone call from elephant.

:( We're all gutted for you mate :(

I thought it might be written off, damn shame. Make sure you get as near as poss to the full value from Elephant. Other folks here have had good luck with arguing the value with their insurer.

Best of luck mate.

If you do get it fixed then, drop me a PM as my airbag that will be coming off my car very soon is only a couple of months old. Brand new from Toyota :)

( I assume you have this style steering wheel )http://www.millhouse.cc/bbs/photos/seats/splurge02.jpg

as opposed to the 3 spoke one ?

HU is great but, I need to pop back to Matt's for the controller.

Jake and others.

I am not sure if elephant still want to insure me with another supra again :p

I am under 30 so kelvin can't help. any idea where I should try for insurance. If I can get decent insurance then I will have to stick with a civic for a long while......

oh god help me.

China

Cheers Peter,

mine is same as yours as I remember seeing it. I think the cost of fixing the car is too much so most likely I will have to buy another.

thanks for the offer and I will pm you if needed.

What steering wheel you getting? is it going to match your interior?

China

Originally posted by hogmaw

How the hell did you do that?!?!?:eek:

I am still left thinking the same question myself :( Dont know what happened mate.Just sat doing a steady 80leptons on the motorway,heavy rain back end gave way ,pendulum affect and that was that,span a few times (I was in the outside lane) hit the central reservation a few times,came to a stop got out walked away,cryed:cry: :p

I will be back with something mean very soon though :thumbs: