The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OMG my Supra

China Man

Guest Sakura

So sorry to hear about your car. I hope your neck is OK - best get it checked out, though. You are clearly in shock, especially as it is your first accident, so try and take it easy (I know, easier said than done when you're trying to assess the damage).

:zen:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, sorry to hear about the bad news, hope you feeling better, mate had a crash, really bad whiplash, and his neck was i pain for ages.

regarding insurence i cant really help you, but by the looks of it, it seems to need alot of work done, so i probably would go ahead with insurence, i may be wrong.

btw, off subject here. but were you the chinese couple i waved bye at JAE? i was in a blue top and i think i parked directly opposite you.

anyway, hope you get things all sorted soon. just try take it easy for now, i can imagine you must be stressing it real bad at the mo.

Yup, thats me dude!

I am over the shocked of the accident already and now into the bit where I keep thinking how do I lost control of the car out of a bend at 30mph! I now fully understand how people can have accident at pod with a stretch of straight road :stupid:

Insurance company is going to recover the car from my driveway and get it into a garage in N london on Monday. I now looking at replacment parts.......

TDR bonnet, front bumper....

need a small nap tho

China

Sorry to hear this China Man, and so soon after Supe ownership. Hope you get it all sorted soon... ;)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Like he just said. First thing that sprang into my mind was top secret bumper, UK glass lights, TRD replica carbon bonnet, new alloys ;) There are 2 sides to every coin just try and look at the side with the happy smilie queen on it.

Yeah, if you have shed load of cash that you can spend willy nilly.......

Originally posted by lovatt

bonnet

slam pannel

RH wing

LH wing

RH headlight

LH head light

crash bar

front bumper

air box

front panel

fan shroud

bumper mounted indicator (pos x2)

these parts need to be checked

coolant rad

AC rad

SMIC

wing to turbo IC pipe

lower hard plastic IC pipe

induction pipe

bonnet stay

drivers side leg

dont forget the airbag:D .

sorry to hear about your car,glad your ok and have it fixed soon:thumbs:

not nice to hear of your bad luck. looks pretty bad to me. i had one in mine and it was no where near as bad as that and they were talking of writing it off. you say you were only doing 30mph looks a bad impact for a low speed. its weird how fast it happens, mine was in snow when it happend. the dearest things will be air bags £2k+ to replace.

you could source parts second hand to try keep costs down.

have a word with dude see what he thinks.

if you go the route doing it yourself and not claiming it will cost quite a bit.

glad you ok. such a shame you never had chance to enjoy it more

Originally posted by China Man

Insurance company is going to recover the car from my driveway and get it into a garage in N london on Monday. I now looking at replacment parts.......

TDR bonnet, front bumper....

need a small nap tho

I wouldn't bother sourcing any parts mate, I doubt you'll ever be getting that car back. The insurance company are pretty sure to write it off.

I'm so sorry to see this thread China, after that wait to get it, and barely having had the chance to appreciate it :(

Makes me think long and hard about the respect I need to show a 300+bhp car while being still relatively inexperienced (in the grand scheme of things).

I hope it all goes smoothly for you mate, and your back up and running asap.

Mate sorry to see this at least you are ok

i think you are right to go down the route of using the insurance company i had a front end smash this what i did and how much it cost.

Front bumper.....................................£400 Top Secret front

Headlight frame.................................£40 toyota

Headlights.........................................£150 u.k spec s/h

Fan shroad........................................£25 s/h

chassis leg........................................£38 toyota

With labour and back on the road....£1980!!!!!!

so it goes to show you it aint a cheap hobby pranging these i have posted some pics so you can see how bad mine was.

I really hope you get sorted soon

keep your chin up

p1010034.jpg

Had a bit of sleep and feeling much better now, thanks for everyone who posted.

Still don't believe what had happened but I am sure I am not going to give up Supra. If it is broke I will fix it, If it is a write off then I will try and fix it even better.

China

Feel for you m8!

You're gonna feel bad about the stack for a few day's yet, but you sound like your ok and the car can be fixed even if the insurance company does consider it a write off (personnally I don't think they will) so chin up m8 ,you'll get through it.

Originally posted by Jake

Oi!

Infringe copyright much? :D

Seriously though Wayne your car was a lot less damaged than China's is. If yours cost two grand to fix his is gonna be more than double that much :(

HEE HEE Was that your pic?????????????

Thats the reason why i posted it just show how things can add up

Jake have we meet????????

Originally posted by sky

:eek:

Hey china man - damn i only met you at Billing as well . . never mind, these things happen -

If its any consolation buddy, I've learnt to lok at these things as a blessing in disguise - you can now think about having a different nose cone (i love the bOmex) and change the look of your car a little. I've ended up with a new front spiler, new alloys and a colour coded dash !

:thumbs:

Real sorry to hear about this....I agree with Sky though...good opportunity to get mods done. those roads on the way to Matt Harwoods are a nightmare...especially if its your first journey there, at some points you go round a bend then theres oncoming traffic on your side of the road....I'm sure you aint the first one to come a cropper on the way to Sextons...its a terrible road thats for sure.

Hope you get it sorted, still plenty of Summer left.

Si

:innocent:

Originally posted by supradibbs

HEE HEE Was that your pic?????????????

Thats the reason why i posted it just show how things can add up

Jake have we meet????????

Yeah it was my pic, see the copyright BS on the right hand side? I was just pulling your leg though.

I saw you at Pod but I didn't think it was a good time to introduce myself, you were having a bad day.

Originally posted by Jake

Yeah it was my pic, see the copyright BS on the right hand side? I was just pulling your leg though.

I saw you at Pod but I didn't think it was a good time to introduce myself, you were having a bad day.

That was the understatement of the year i was just like China had the car about five weeks but had only had it all finished about three days.

Its all done now,i thought it would never look the same again but it does so dont wory china me old mate she fly again!!!!

supposed to be going to sextons next week hope i dont come a croper:conf: