The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2007 Lakes Sportscar Run

AJI

I had a great day too, good route and well organised Aron :) Get the vids up!

you were to busy posting H ;)

My mate took over 600, enjoyed the playing on the way home with Kevin and Gaz, 160 leptons I think :blink:

We came back over the 69 and got stuck behind the slowest lorry in the world followed by lots of cars. Got passed eventually, when we were nearly home though there was a nice RS4 wanting to have a bit of a play, 112 leptons i belive :rolleyes: I let Suprafly take over from there ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was interesting to see the plume of feathers fly up after each encounter. Never saw any on the road so assuming they hitched a ride in your bumper!

That Volvo driver got a little upset with you overtaking him! Never seen a volvo go so quick and handle so well, he was right on the limit!

And I was intending to take the drive home easy to give the car a rest!:p

Kevin

they were on a suicide mission :innocent:

Thanks Aron for organizing such a great day out and extending the invitation to GTOUK. The scenic route was most enjoyable in the company of so many fine machines and capable yet sensible drivers. I look forward to better weather next year!

GPS track (right-click and save KML file, then double-click to open in Google Earth)

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/711bc3e3-a21d-4ae4-ada0-999e00dab5bd.jpgVideo overview of participating vehicles

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/418b9794-0630-4687-b7b8-999e00e60d06.jpgIn-car video fast-forward of route

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/6db4a101-3907-4b5f-9666-999e00e724e2.jpgVideo of drive-by

Guest clarkmagpie

i thought that dodge was fast...now i know why!! lol

great day aron, thoroughly enjoyed myself and the car survived with only fooked brakes, lucky compared to some i think!!!

Guest Suprafly

Yeah great day aaron, superb outing, looking forward to next years run already.

Weather could have been a little better, especially on the run up to the Hartside summit which was a bit treacherous, what with next to zero visability due to driving through a cloud, shame as theres some breathtaking views from there, still the weather retreated by the time we got to Alston and was fine for the rest of the day.

Did anyone else notice the 'welcome' sign at Alston?

It said 'Welcome to Alston'.....'please d i e slowly'

Someone had taken the r and the v out of drive.

Did anyone else notice the 'welcome' sign at Alston?

It said 'Welcome to Alston'.....'please d i e slowly'

Someone had taken the r and the v out of drive.

ha ha, no never noticed that ! I'll look out for it next time I'm up there.