The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice....is this a good price??

morpheus1870

Yeah saw the car in the flesh it is in good condition...not mint but good. The headlights are like brandnew after a buff as they were slightly yellow, the interior is spotless, seats have no wear/tear unlike the steering....in regards to what i will have to spend once i get the car...nothing. The full service, T&T, security etc all completed prior to sale.

Deff in two minds now, after seeing you got a 96 face lift for 5k! Deal not done yet, no money has passed hands, I just told him I want it and will see him to sort reciepts etc tomorrow.

I would like to see the condition of this one on the flesh. It hasn't sold and the price has kept dropping?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/121319.htm

Even if it's got issues you would have to spend 2k to be down on the deal. Have a look at a few before you make your mind up.

H.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my facelift for around 5k too six months ago, LSD most options on it including skirts and spats, full leather, even the green footwell lights and thing in the window that turns the lights on when it gets dark lol

Wouldnt say its over priced exhaust etc would cost you if you had to buy them after

I bought my facelift for around 5k too six months ago, LSD most options on it including skirts and spats, full leather, even the green footwell lights and thing in the window that turns the lights on when it gets dark lol

Wouldnt say its over priced exhaust etc would cost you if you had to buy them after

Doesn't have leather...but the interior is mint...i think BITMA certification would shed some light on whether the car mileage is accurate. How would i go about getting this done and is it expensive? I will mention it to my mate too....i think the fact that the steering wheel is in poor condition compared to the rest of the interior is a little odd and makes my slightly cautious.

I wouldn't plan on doing anything with the car, as all the styling mods, t&t, security, service etc would be done....and having drove the car it seems to drive faultless. The gears and clutch are excellent (not notchy, clunky or winining noise etc) and the car idles well and the power delivery is smooth.

:edit: don't mind me, should have read the post properly!

He didn't say it was facelift...;)

The car looks mint Morpheus. I would get the VIN number checked, do a search for SZ-R on here and it will give you the correct serial numbers to check. It's weird with cars, if that is exactly what you want and you are not going to change anything then have really good look at it.

DO NOT RUSH!! Looking back, there are things I would have done differently but in the end I am absolutely over the moon with my car. They are difficult things to swap if you make a mistake so ensure everything is above board..;)

H.

Is it? I thought those were the standard steering wheels? gonna be replaced for a momo number.

Now i remember the steering wheel said NARDI in the middle, i remember coz my old 94wrx had the same make....NARDI is deff an aftermarket one as I sure the original had Supra in the middle?

Now i remember the steering wheel said NARDI in the middle, i remember coz my old 94wrx had the same make....NARDI is deff an aftermarket one as I sure the original had Supra in the middle?

Yup :) See, I'm not completely dopey tonight :D

Still too expensive though, imo.

He didn't say it was facelift...;)

The car looks mint Morpheus. I would get the VIN number checked, do a search for SZ-R on here and it will give you the correct serial numbers to check. It's weird with cars, if that is exactly what you want and you are not going to change anything then have really good look at it.

DO NOT RUSH!! Looking back, there are things I would have done differently but in the end I am absolutely over the moon with my car. They are difficult things to swap if you make a mistake so ensure everything is above board..;)

H.

Thanks Havard you have been really helpfull, infact all you guys on the forum have been ace (not like some of the twats over on scoobynet!) I will deff check the VIN for correct serial numbers, downloaded the pdf the other day....according to that it seems as though the SZR model should have a V and a B (as previously mentioned by Scooter)

At 57k miles it should have very few signs of wear. If you want to verify the mileage at import check here (costs a tenner): http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk/JapaneseImportMileageCheck/Welcome.html

I had an email from them saying that just under 80% of their customers with 2nd hand grey imports had incorrect mileage readings.

Homer thanks a lot for that site will deff check it out tomorrow....you guys have been a great help!

Right had the mileage verified by BITMA all is good there. Also checked the VIN it is an SZ-R. Also had a look at the auction grade sheet which states the mileage and that its a grade 4 import.

Not extatic with the price but the quality of the car speaks for itself, appreciate it is overpriced, however for a few hundred quid extra I'm getting a mint fully serviced example with some tasty aftermarket bits too.

Plus I don't plan on selling it in 3months time (even though the longest I've had a car for was 6months) gonna hold on to this one...it looks the biz.

Powerwise nothing special compared to 312ponnies my scooby had or the 360 horses of my evo before that, but the cheaper running, service and insurance costs along with awesome looks, ride quality and the fact you don't see many around make up for it imo.

It seems expensive to me.

Some of the details seem inaccurate as well:

Championship White

Looks like standard Toyota white

TRD Front & Rear Styling
That's a standard rear bumper and non-standard lip - certainly not TRD

Apexi Induction Kit
I think that is the nasty HKS induction kit. It's well known on here for it's lack of filtering ability.

, Greddy Vacuum Gauge.
Vacuum gauge on a NA? Why?

Also the rear spats appear to be poor fitting copies rather than genuine VeilSide. I would suspect the skirt to be the same.

Be careful mate. There's plenty of Supras out there to choose from.

The car is in good condition, and knowing him since we were kids I'm confident he wouldn't sell me a pile o shite. If anything does come up after the sale I know he will sort it no questions asked.

See Michael and Bobbeh. Worn steering wheel is a definite issue at the mileage. Running a 106k miler but you wouldn't guess from the wheel.

Mate probably doesn't know. KEEP friends and FINANCE apart is a good rule. Luck. :Pling: :blink:

I also think it's expensive. I paid £6,300 for a 97 facelift SZ 6 months ago. If I was selling now (which I may well be), then I would expect £500 less than I paid - which means a similar price to this 95.

Still - a car is worth what people are willing to pay. If it's the right car for you, then perhaps it's worth it. But as people have mentioned - you are unlikely to get that for it if you need to sell it in the future, and although you don't intend that now people can rarely predict what might happen.

I also think it's expensive. I paid £6,300 for a 97 facelift SZ 6 months ago. If I was selling now (which I may well be), then I would expect £500 less than I paid - which means a similar price to this 95.

Still - a car is worth what people are willing to pay. If it's the right car for you, then perhaps it's worth it. But as people have mentioned - you are unlikely to get that for it if you need to sell it in the future, and although you don't intend that now people can rarely predict what might happen.

I think what Davek is saying is buy his instead!!:D To be honest if you were shelling out £5800 you couldn't go far wrong with his!!

Lovely colour too!

H.