The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo spool time

JamieP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit lost by the 2 degree bit, so the first graph wasn't pulling 2 degrees?

Yes, when i switch the nos on it changes the map retards the ignition, car feels dead till the nos hits in at 5500, when I have time im gonna get dan to map it so the aem controls when the nos hits in instead of me, that way i can have it so it retards it just as the nos comes in instead of the whole rev range.

Anyhow, back on topic:)

LOL we will go around in circles here. Please post up some road logs when you get a chance.

Just so you can see how Ian C's T67 P trim was before he went to the faster spooling T67DBB

[qimg]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/VVTiSupra/IansDyno.jpg[/qimg]

Yes at 4000rpm he is making 200ish bhp, similar to mine even with retard, in my first graph at only 0.85bar i make 260bhp at 4000rpm, you see the huge difference the retard makes, next time im over to Dan ill get datalog:)

I believe the spool is determined by a number of key factors :

1: cams setup

2: type of intakes \ exhaust housing you have

3: The tune

4: The way the car is setup, The type of BOV can also determine how fast the turbo spools up.

You cant really compare different turbo's spool unless you have a like for like setup. I remember getting full spool by 4600rpm with my old tune(last year) , then after modifying it( later in the year) , i achived full spool by 4400rpm.

What's up with the torque curves on that graph then? It (the torque curve)follows the horsepower curve almost exactly and two the lines don't cross at 5252rpm like they should on a BHP vs ft-lbs graph.

They are on different scales mate. :)

Why is there a dip in the torque curve though?

Cant help but notice that there is a big variation in the gap in wheel to fly bhp figures with various dyno sheets, whats the story with the drive line losses here or is someone not setting their rolling road right?.

Terry/Jamie, HOPEFULLY!! (I have the patience of a saint lol) at the end of the month we can get my GT4088R and Jamies GT4088, do a few runs and compare response. Bring your laptops and we can check info. Then of couse Jake can call around and show us all how to spool quickly lol.

Looking forward to that day, allthough there is a lot of talk of bad traction on various forums since they relaid the track:(

I heard that too so did some digging. It seems the "average Joe" runners like ourselves were getting better times, it was the Pro's that seemed to be really suffering. Thats polar oposite to what it used to be like at pod!

It was merely a tongue in cheek comment.

Although I would fathom a guess that spool time would also correlate to acceleration? Especially on a level playing field and not on different dynos using different correction factors. Safest place to to it as well, oustide of a dyno cell?

But Chief, I will concede that it's not exactly a scientific test, nor would it, at the end of the day prove whose car is spooling up quicker.

I heard that too so did some digging. It seems the "average Joe" runners like ourselves were getting better times, it was the Pro's that seemed to be really suffering. Thats polar oposite to what it used to be like at pod!

But isn't this down to it still be early in the season and some damn cold days still. Am sure it was in March i got my 23s quarter mile 2 years back :D

right i'me interested in this now, so a gt4088 is the equivalent to a T67 (ish) so why does it make positive boost at 2000rpm when my "piddling" BL T61 makes boost at 2500rpm, i would be very gratefull if someone could explain this

Mapping, cams etc?:search: What ecu and cams are you on? iirc didnt terrys make positive from 1800rpm?