The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket Breather system - Atmosphere or not

Ryan.G

Yeah I was looking at that one earlier Steve. My only concern is that it appears not to have a content level indicator. Is that an issue, and what fittings did you use?

It does have a sight 'glass' on the side, although its plastic not glass :D

Comes with 15mm fittings and clear reinforced hose, but I'll be using silicone hosing like the rest of the engine bay when I get round to changing it all. It dismantles from the top and also has a magnetic drain plug (why I don't know?!).

check on my section for after market breather systems i have been making these for a while now currently have one off my setups running on Jamie p car

Wayne, what's the lead time on these once ordered? I don't want to get one now because I'm crap at the exchange item thing but would like to go for one when the build finally happens :)

Also how custom can the catch can be? I'm not sure how much room I'll have as yet so I might need something a little bit different if possible.

9mm may be a little small if that's the hose size it uses. The 2JZ breathes quite a lot, and you don't want to go restricting the breathing as it could result in positive crankcase pressures.

This is the one I got. Its actually very good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-F1-Z-15mm-Fitting-Oil-Catch-Tank-Made-in-Japan_W0QQitemZ280093341939QQcategoryZ72205QQcmdZViewItem

Or Simply remove the fittings in that one, drill and tap and use 8AN fittings and run 8AN earls hose :D

Wayne, what's the lead time on these once ordered? I don't want to get one now because I'm crap at the exchange item thing but would like to go for one when the build finally happens :)

Also how custom can the catch can be? I'm not sure how much room I'll have as yet so I might need something a little bit different if possible.

from order around 2 weeks as you can have a choice off fitting size i do these all as one off custom to the customers spec currently having a catch tank made for mine i will send you the pics once its fitted mine for example is gonna fit where to abs module should be:d

Hmm. I've got the breather system closed on my T67 setup, but it's the stock setup plenum side (part throttle breather) and a similar diameter hose to stock on the pipe between filter and turbo (WOT breather). I have no oil issues. No catch can. And it's a similar setup to Jamie's.

But they are shiny :)

-Ian